Update #3

  • J. Andrew World
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005

      Welcome Webcomics fans.

      This list contains news and updates regarding the film in production about webcomics. The working title is "Beyond the Page: Webcomics."

      *NEWS*

      The second draft of the treatment is done. I am currently looking for people willing to read the 30 page draft to give me feedback. If anyone on this list is interested in doing so, e-mail me (me@...

      ) and I will be happy to send you a copy of the draft.

      *PLANS*

      The second draft will be reviewed by some of the top people in the webcomics field. After the revisions we make from their notes, we will start to apply for grants for funding. If this is successful enough we will do a series of "Beyond the Page" films.

      *THE NEED*

      The estimated budget for this film is $20,000. This will cover getting rights for comic strips, music, video clips and travel expenses as well as equipment. Of course, we are still working things out and the budgetary needs may change. For instance, I have yet to begin to negotiate for the soundtrack. We are working out the details of how you can help for this film. Hopefully we will have the plans in place by the time the website goes live.

      *THE WEBSITE*

      We are also setting up a web page for the film; I am currently working on the art. We are doing a webcomic to promote the film on webcomics. That is very meta if you ask me.

      This group will be updated once a month or whenever there is a major announcement. Thank you for your support.

      J. Andrew World

      Writer/Producer