Which web optimization event do you recommend for 2005

  • Mitko Gerensky-Greene
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2005
      Hello,

      I am in a planning mode and was wondering about your recommendations
      on a web event or a conference in the US in 2005?

      I am not specifying web analytics event because I have seen certain
      value from attending other events, i.e. Search Engine Strategies, Web
      Design World, etc. But I find this forum to be closest to my interest
      nowadays and am hoping to hear some interesting input from many of
      you! I would be also curious to hear your reasons to recommend an
      event.

      Thanks in advance,

      Mitko
    • Eric Peterson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2005
        I strongly recommend Emetrics in either Santa Barbara or London in
        June. Mr. Sterne might be too modest to say so but Emetrics is, in my
        humble opinion, hand's down the best even for Web data analysts to
        attend. Great presentations, great accomodations, great conversation.

        http://www.emetrics.org/summit605/index.html.

        Did I mention great accomodations?

        I will be there (I mean, I hope I'll be there) signing copies of the
        O'Reilly book, which is scheduled to come out in late May, just in
        time for Emetrics. Cross your fingers!

        Eric

        On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:27:35 -0500, Mitko Gerensky-Greene
        <mitkowebsage@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I am in a planning mode and was wondering about your recommendations
        > on a web event or a conference in the US in 2005?
        >
        > I am not specifying web analytics event because I have seen certain
        > value from attending other events, i.e. Search Engine Strategies, Web
        > Design World, etc. But I find this forum to be closest to my interest
        > nowadays and am hoping to hear some interesting input from many of
        > you! I would be also curious to hear your reasons to recommend an
        > event.
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        >
        > Mitko

        Eric T. Peterson
        Author, Web Analytics Demystified
        www.webanalyticsdemystified.com

        Have you joined the Metrics Discussion Group? Email
        webanalytics-subscribe@yahoogroups.com to join today!
      • Jim Sterne
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
          At 03:46 PM 1/5/2005, Eric Peterson wrote:

          I strongly recommend Emetrics in either Santa Barbara or London in
          June.  Mr. Sterne might be too modest to say so but

          Me? Modest?
          Never!

          It's just that you always beat me to the punch and I'm
          always grateful!

          Jim Sterne                                    http://www.targeting.com
          Emetrics Summit           http://www.emetrics.org/summit605
          Santa Barbara, June 1 - 3          Web Analytics Conference
          London, June 8-10                                +1-805-965-3184