Re: Omniture Discover - Version 1.5

  • robert_hart_22
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2007
      Hi David,

      I am the Product Manager for Discover and I wanted to respond to your
      questions and your concerns. First off, you won't have to wait until
      summit to get the answer of whether Omniture will continue to support
      version 1.5 of Discover. The answer is yes, Omniture is committed to
      version 1.5 of Discover for its current user base. I hope this clears
      that issue up and I look forward to talking with you more at Summit.

      Now in relation to your data concerns. I have already instigated a
      review of what is happening in each one of your cases and I will
      follow up with you individually about resolution shortly. Thanks for
      your enthusiams about web analytics and in Discover particularly. I
      will be speaking with you soon.

      Best regards,

      Bob Hart
      Sr. Product Manager

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "romanojon" <daniel@...> wrote:

      > David,
      >
      > I find that I am only able to arrange data sets into quarters on the
      > calendar year. What you may need to do is go into a project with
      > the limited data range and re-adjust the range inside of the project
      > module. On my attempt after your post, my range was limited to data
      > from this year beginning on 1/1/2007 (to 2/27/07) and, when adjusted
      > from 10/1/2006 until 12/31/06. No overlapping of the ranges was
      > allowed.
      >
      > What you may have to do is deduce the correlation you are looking to
      > perform, order up a data warehouse report, and perform the necessary
      > operations in a spreadsheet. I know that isn't the answer you were
      > looking for, but its what I have to offer for the time being. If I
      > am able to present you with better alternatives, I will surely do
      > so. We find that discover is an oustanding dynamic tool for use
      > with our data, but there are issues like what you described which
      > create hang-ups.
      >
      > Possibly, these issues no longer exist with version 2.0, but the
      > expense so high, is difficult to justify. Maybe a reader can attest
      > to this being the case or not. If so, please send confirmation to
      > me so I can add it to my list of pros. Further, I have no knowledge
      > of the intent to continue or eliminate v1.5, its possible more info
      > on that will be available as we approach the '07 Summit. Again, if
      > readers know anything, please reply.
      >
      > Sincerely,
      >
      > Dan Shields

    • davidshimseattle
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2007
        Hi Bob,

        Thanks for response. It's great to know that Omniture will continue to
        support Discover v1.5. If you need any more specifics on the issue I'm
        running into, don't hestiate to shoot me an email.

        Best,

        David