Paid/ Organic Referring Clicks in HBX

  • danakmcgraw
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2007
      Can any one give me a solid explanation of referring clicks vs clicks
      in HBX with regard to search engine traffic. My understanding is the
      referring click is the click that brings a visitor into the site and
      any further searches bringing them in within a 30 minute time span are
      not counted in this metric. My confusion comes from the HBX canned
      marketing report which reports this exact same number as visits from
      the search engine. If one left and conducted another search wouldn't
      this consitute a second visit?? The numbers for the clicks and
      referring clicks are 30,000 apart, that seems a bit extreme.

      Any explanations?
    • Michael Lee
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2007
        Not sure if I understand your questions, but you are right about the
        definition. Refering clicks is simply the first time they come to your site
        from a search engine. So in this case, there must be a lot of people
        search your site in google, enter your site, click "back" or something, then
        do another search again.

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "danakmcgraw"