Re: [webanalytics] Young Professional wants to enter the Web Analytics World

  • Jim Sterne
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
      At 01:04 AM 12/31/2004, Natalie Huijsman wrote:
      I am a 24 year young, Internet adept. I am looking for a job regarding web analytics. This will be my first job in that area, so I am looking for a junior level.

       Currently I work for an big international financial institution.

      Maybe you could offer yourself as an internal intern to the
      web analytics team at your current company. Perhaps even
      creating that position if it doesn't already exist?

      Jim Sterne                                    http://www.targeting.com
      Emetrics Summit           http://www.emetrics.org/summit605
      Santa Barbara, June 1 - 3          Web Analytics Conference
      London, June 8-10                                +1-805-965-3184

    • Fred Kuu
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2005
        Natalie,

        I would also recommend finding the people in the organization that are
        doing web analytics or would strongly benefit from web analytics
        (especially online marketers or web production people responsible for
        the website). If you can, chat with them informally about what
        they're doing now and what they've got planned. Try to find out
        whether they could use additional resources (whether it be generating
        reports or communicating with IT, etc.) It never hurts to ask. Based
        on the conversations, you can determine whether you can help out.

        Best of luck!

        -Fred Kuu