[webanalytics] Re: Just wondering...all seniors in Web Analytics?

  • Heather A [in CID] Clark
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2004
      I'm a web business analyst for a utility. My position would probably be considered more of a junior level, and Dave is right with his idea that jobs like this one combine analytics along with several other responsibilities.

      I wouldn't have been able to land the job with analytics experience alone. It was also important that the person in this position be able to write and edit content, create e-newsletters and emails complete with graphics, prepare presentations, manage projects and vendors, do some SEO, assist with usability related tasks, and serve as a backup person to update the various company websites and intranet, etc.

      I'm part of the corporate communications dept. in electronic communications. We are often the group standing in the middle between the marketing/business side of things and IT.  I am currently working with my manager to grow the analyst portion of the job, and I think it's possible that in future this could be a stand alone position within our company. I think they are beginning to see the potential of further analysis, but it may be awhile before it is given any priority.

      Heather Clark

      >>> dave@... 12/31/2004 1:45:16 PM >>>

      Good points, Chris.  One thing to consider is that web analytic
      positions in many firms (still) is going to be combined with another
      job such as marketing manager, e-commerce manager or webmaster, etc.,
      so "getting your foot in the door" with other skills is still
      important.  The ability to write web content for a particular
      industry might also be a useful companion skill.  My experience has
      been that the need for web analytics seems to arise from
      responsibility for either the technical operation of the website or
      the business impact through lead generation or sales revenue.

      Best wishes,

      Dave Wagner
      dave@...

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Erickson"
      <ascendant1@s...> wrote:
      > Hi Natalie,

      [snip, snip]

      <like_anyone@y...>
      > wrote:

      [snip, snip]

      > > All the companies are asking for Manager and Seniors. I am
      > wondering
      > > if there are any executive / officer /junior level Web Analytics
      > > jobs? Or do you start in another junior job and grow into the
      > > Senior/Manager role?

      [snip, snip]

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/OIFolB/TM

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/