Young Professional wants to enter the Web Analytics World

  • Natalie Huijsman
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2004
      <with permission from Eric, thanks!!!>
      Hi all,

      I am a 24 year young, Internet adept. I am looking for a job regarding web analytics. This will be my first job in that area, so I am looking for a junior level.

      Preferably in the area of Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Yes, I am Dutch. I love Holland to be and stay my home base. Travelling is not a problem. Maybe I will move to another part of the world, when you make me an offer I can not refuse..

      I graduated in Communications in 2003, and are now allowed to call myself Bachelor of Communications. Currently I work for an big international financial institution.

      If you want to know more about me, my working experience and life in general, mail me!

      Regards,
      Natalie

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Jim Sterne
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
        At 01:04 AM 12/31/2004, Natalie Huijsman wrote:
        I am a 24 year young, Internet adept. I am looking for a job regarding web analytics. This will be my first job in that area, so I am looking for a junior level.

         Currently I work for an big international financial institution.

        Maybe you could offer yourself as an internal intern to the
        web analytics team at your current company. Perhaps even
        creating that position if it doesn't already exist?

        Jim Sterne                                    http://www.targeting.com
        Emetrics Summit           http://www.emetrics.org/summit605
        Santa Barbara, June 1 - 3          Web Analytics Conference
        London, June 8-10                                +1-805-965-3184

      • Fred Kuu
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2005
          Natalie,

          I would also recommend finding the people in the organization that are
          doing web analytics or would strongly benefit from web analytics
          (especially online marketers or web production people responsible for
          the website). If you can, chat with them informally about what
          they're doing now and what they've got planned. Try to find out
          whether they could use additional resources (whether it be generating
          reports or communicating with IT, etc.) It never hurts to ask. Based
          on the conversations, you can determine whether you can help out.

          Best of luck!

          -Fred Kuu