Re: [JOB] $95-100K base oppty @ ShopNBC

  • Harry Joiner
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2007
      Michael,

      Thanks so much for your comment. Geoff is brilliant; a real rockstar in the
      Shop.org and eTail communities. This position does report to Geoff. It's a
      fantastic analytics opportunity, and I'll even throw in a new snow blower to
      any candidate who takes the job.

      You heard it here first!

      Harry Joiner
      www.MarketingHeadhunter.com
      As seen in the WSJ's "Career Journal Online"

      On 1/4/07, michaelsummar <michaelsummar@...> wrote:

      I'm a very long time lurker and first time poster, but I wanted to add to
      Harry's post. I worked with ShopNBCs new VP/General Manager of eCommerce,
      Geoff Smith, previously and I can't say enough nice things about
      him. Assuming this position reports directly or indirectly to Geoff, you
      will be highly valued, respected and challenged.

    • sbaipsys
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2007
        Where is this position located?

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Harry Joiner"
        <harry.joiner@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > Performance Indicators.
        >

        > Analysis:
        > Oversight of data analysis and interpretation of results in
        business
        > context, with detailed findings and implications presented to key
        > stakeholders at all levels .
        >
        > -Analyze site activity data to assist business critical questions
        > regarding site activity, user acquisition and retention, real
        estate
        > performance, promotional performance, and merchandise performance.
        > -Oversee experimental designs to support ongoing test and learn
        > process within the online business.
        > -Develop state of the art approaches to analyze online customer
        > behavior, traffic flow, customer profiles, browse behavior, content
        > effectiveness, etc.
        > -Viewed internally as customer behavior analysis and testing expert
        > who provides guidance and best practices expertise to key business
        > partners around scoping, designing, executing, and analyzing
        customer
        > behavioral tests (e.g., A/B testing, testing for statistical
        > significance).
        > -Format complex quantitative information for management and
        business
        > peers.
        > -Handle all tracking and reporting on web analytics, email for
        > advertising, and consumer marketing functions.
        > -Proactively identify opportunities to improve site effectiveness
        by
        > drilling into click stream data using sophisticated data mining
        > applications- champion improvements across both online marketing
        and
        > merchandising decisions.
        >
        > Education:
        > Bachelor's Degree in Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics,
        or
        > other related fields with emphasis in quantitative methods
        preferred.
        > Experience:
        > -5+ years related work experience with online retail e-commerce
        business
        > -In department experience with Webtrends, Omniture, or Coremetrics
        > -Development of metrics, KPI's, business and enterprise performance
        > measurement.
        > -Experience with complex transaction data and customer analytics
        with
        > very large transaction volumes and complex data structures.
        > -Outstanding project management and leadership skills, ability to
        > influence cross-functionally in rapidly evolving business
        environment.
        > -Excellent hands-on database skills.
        > -Extensive experience in advanced data analysis techniques and
        > statistical methods, including data modeling, querying and
        reporting
        > tools, metrics reporting, prospecting, business intelligence,
        > clustering analysis, factor analysis, and A/B testing.
        >
        > Applications and interviews are being coordinated by Harry
        Joiner. To