Gap Analysis

  • hoverkraft
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2006
      Hello,

      We will be doing a gap analysis of our current SiteCatalyst
      implementation (across multiple media properties) and I am curious to
      see if anyone has any insight, suggestions, feedback, etc.

      I am refrencing the "Best Practices" material from Omniture (from the
      site) but thought I would see if anyone else is currently at a similar
      stage.

      Adam
    • Paul Holstein
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 28, 2006
        Where did you find this "Best Practices" Document? I searched for it
        in Omniture but couldn't find it.

        On a related note, we wrote our own crawler to check our 5,000+ pages.
        Our crawler drops all the javascript variables such as s.pagename,
        category, etc. into an MS Access Database. In addition, the crawler
        parses all the metatags such as title, keywords, description, etc.
        into the same database. That way, we can run simple analysis on the
        database to spot duplicate page names, or missing fields.

        If you're interested in using the program, please let me know. We
        will be making it available for sale soon.

        --Paul Holstein