WebCEO

  • Alan Arcilla
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 21, 2006
      Hi Folks,

      Just wondering what your views are regarding Web CEO? Any better alternative? I might grab a copy soon so I thought i'd ask the group for opinions.

      Thanks for your help.

    • Ross Jenkins
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 21, 2006
        I found it particularly helpful when I was looking to make onpage changes. The keyword research seemed a bit odd. I loved the trended ranking by keyword and your ability to compare competitors was solid.

        Good tool. But I used it..and several others at the same time.

        Alan Arcilla <alan.arcilla@...> wrote:
        Hi Folks,

        Just wondering what your views are regarding Web CEO? Any better alternative? I might grab a copy soon so I thought i'd ask the group for opinions.

        Thanks for your help.

      • macosan69
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 21, 2006
          Web CEO is a good tool, depend what kind of use you want to give, in
          mi case I like for check the PR in Google and a few additional
          feature, but if you want to see how is doing your web page for
          specific terms or keyword I recommend web position from web trends
          http://www.webtrends.com/Products/OtherProducts/WebPosition.aspx
          if you can be more specific maybe I can suggest other tool, I hope
          everyone have a wonderful Christmas and Happy Holiday Marco

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Ross Jenkins <analytx101@...>
          wrote:

          > I found it particularly helpful when I was looking to make onpage
          changes. The keyword research seemed a bit odd. I loved the trended
          ranking by keyword and your ability to compare competitors was solid.

          > Good tool. But I used it..and several others at the same time.
          >

          > Alan Arcilla <alan.arcilla@...> wrote:
          > Hi Folks,
          >
          > Just wondering what your views are regarding Web CEO? Any better
          alternative? I might grab a copy soon so I thought i'd ask the group
          for opinions.

          > Thanks for your help.

        • Alan Arcilla
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 21, 2006
            Your reply is well appreciated, Ross. Are you still using it and what is the version because they have a new release which I am planning to buy in a couple of days after having done my research such as this one.

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 22, 2006
              I use WebCEO also, and find it very useful as an "all-in-one" solution.
              I mainly use it to generate positioning reports. I agree that the
              keyword tool gives strange results... I also appreciate the possibility
              to enter my Google api key instead of making unwanted queries.

              The free version of WebCEO is quite complete... Maybe you could spend a
              few hours on it before you buy ?

              Alan Arcilla <alan.arcilla@ <mailto:alan.arcilla%40rogers.com>
              rogers.com> wrote:
              Hi Folks,

              Just wondering what your views are regarding Web CEO? Any better
              alternative? I might grab a copy soon so I thought i'd ask the group for
              opinions.

              Thanks for your help.

            • Michael Donohoe
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 22, 2006
                Hi there!

                I am reposting a response from a previous poster, Damien Selosse. There was
                a question earlier on Web Position Gold on November 29. It was a great post
                and a good reminder. Google does not recommend this and will ban your IP
                address if you get caught.

                Mike

                Are you aware that Google guidelines are recommending not to use Webposition
                Gold (tm) .

                http://www.google.
                <http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35769&query=g
                uidelines&topic=&type=>
                com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35769&query=guidelines&topic=&ty
                pe=

                "Don't use unauthorized computer programs to submit pages, check rankings,
                etc. Such programs consume computing resources and violate our Terms of
                Service <http://www.google. <http://www.google.com/terms_of_service.html>
                com/terms_of_service.html> . Google does not recommend the use of products
                such as WebPosition Gold(tm) that send automatic or programmatic queries to
                Google."

                Is it a real SEO problem or a use of the ranking tool ?

                My 2 cents,

                Damien Selosse

                _____

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 22, 2006
                  Yes..I am actually.

                  We've purchased all of the upgrades for a year, so I should be up to date. I'd say you couldn't go wrong with WebCeo, but in SEO there really is no such thing as de facto. If its not cost prohibitive, purchase several. Each have their strengths, but I really have found the onpage optimization suggestions quite helpful. Just use common sense and use the tracking application to see your progression week over week.

                  I have found its ability to archive and benchmark very very helpful. But I think several other apps could boast the same thing. Supports pretty solid too..they've always replied quickly.

                  If you are doing SEO..and I feel very sorry for you if you are :)...you need good tools. This is certainly A good tool.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 22, 2006
                    Yes..I've seen this post before. WebCEO has several default settings that should prohibit you from getting into trouble. But hey, here's some advice..don't use these tools to submit your listings.

                    Use them in management..keyword research, etc. Honestly..there is no need for these apps to submit things anyway. If you are doing your job well..there will be no need for that kind of work. You say you need to submit to niche sites? Do it the manual way to ensure accuracy!

                    And would you really want to trust your client's site to an automated tool?