Re: Scenario Analysis - Shared pages

  • kam.rafique
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6 8:26 AM
      Thanks. I've seen that extract. But unfortunately it doesn't apply to
      our site as key pages can't be bookmarked and if the session expires
      half way through the funnel the customer needs to start the process
      again - for security reasons. We are looking a dynamically creating
      the meta tags based on previous page now.
      Regards.

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "samratdsouza"
      <samratdsouza@...> wrote:

      > Well, it doesn't filter.
      >
      > Here's an abstract from one of webtrends' help docs...

      > Why are visits for Step X higher than for a preceding step?
      > You may wonder why your Scenario Funnel does not taper perfectly,
      > showing more visits for a step later in the scenario than for a
      > preceding step. There are a number of possibilities. One reason is
      that
      > visitors can enter the scenario at any step in the process. A
      visitor
      > may have bookmarked Step 2 in a previous visit and then entered the
      > scenario using the bookmark when returning. Another reason is that
      the
      > visitor session may have ended when the visitor was completing Step
      2.
      > When the visitor resumed activity, a new visitor session began, and
      the
      > results show that the visitor entered the scenario at Step 2. In
      both
      > cases, the Scenario Funnel could show more visits for Step 2 than
      for
      > Step 1.

      http://product.webtrends.com/WRC/7/ResourceCenter/rc/library/7/pdf/hdi
      g/