Scenario Analysis - Shared pages

  • kam.rafique
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2006
      Hi - We use shared pages in some of our key journeys which means that
      some of the steps increase, decrease and then increase again. I've
      checked with WebTrends and one person has said that we can't make this
      is a linear journey where we filter out new visits from step 2 onwards,
      while another person has said WebTrends has in built filtering??

      Any comments would be welcome on a possible workaround.

      We use WT7.5 SDC.
    • samratdsouza
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2006
        Well, it doesn't filter.

        Here's an abstract from one of webtrends' help docs...

        Why are visits for Step X higher than for a preceding step?
        You may wonder why your Scenario Funnel does not taper perfectly,
        showing more visits for a step later in the scenario than for a
        preceding step. There are a number of possibilities. One reason is that
        visitors can enter the scenario at any step in the process. A visitor
        may have bookmarked Step 2 in a previous visit and then entered the
        scenario using the bookmark when returning. Another reason is that the
        visitor session may have ended when the visitor was completing Step 2.
        When the visitor resumed activity, a new visitor session began, and the
        results show that the visitor entered the scenario at Step 2. In both
        cases, the Scenario Funnel could show more visits for Step 2 than for
        Step 1.

        http://product.webtrends.com/WRC/7/ResourceCenter/rc/library/7/pdf/hdig/
        How_Do_I_Use_WebTrends_5-Point_Scenario_Analysis.pdf

        We had done the same for one of our clients, who have webtrends, and
        had faced a similar issue.

        Regards
        Samrat D'souza
        Nabler WebSolutions

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "kam.rafique" <kamran.rafique@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi - We use shared pages in some of our key journeys which means that
        > some of the steps increase, decrease and then increase again. I've
        > checked with WebTrends and one person has said that we can't make this
        > is a linear journey where we filter out new visits from step 2
        onwards,
        > while another person has said WebTrends has in built filtering??
        >
        > Any comments would be welcome on a possible workaround.
        >
        > We use WT7.5 SDC.

      • kam.rafique
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2006
          Thanks. I've seen that extract. But unfortunately it doesn't apply to
          our site as key pages can't be bookmarked and if the session expires
          half way through the funnel the customer needs to start the process
          again - for security reasons. We are looking a dynamically creating
          the meta tags based on previous page now.
          Regards.

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "samratdsouza"