Re: ASP A/B testing vendors?

  • Bob_Chatham
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 6, 2004
      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "jwb96" <jwb96@y...> wrote:

      > I've seen Optimost and Offermatica mentioned here on the forum, but
      > was wondering if there are any other ASP A/B (or multivariate)
      > testing vendors any of you would recommend, if not for actual use
      > then at least for research as my company begins to look into the
      > outsourced testing model.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Jim

      I'd also take a look at SiteSpect. They have an appliance that
      sniffs/rewrites the HTTP stream on the fly to implement the test runs.
      Available in both on-site and ASP models. The advantage is that
      there's no need to alter the subject pages to create and execute
      tests.

      Regards,
      Bob

      Bob Chatham | Forrester Research, Inc.
      Phone: 617/613-5803 ! Email: bchatham@...
    • Jason Burby (ZAAZ)
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 22, 2004
        Eric,

        At ZAAZ we have created a few different A/B testing systems to help
        our clients run A/B tests driven from analytics findings. We have
        done them both client side and server side depending on the situation.

        I would be more than happy to discuss them with you or others offline.

        Jason

        : Jason Burby
        : ZAAZ
        : Director of Web Analytics/Business Intelligence
        : jasonb@...

        : t 503.699.5190
        : c 503.720.6351
        : f 309.409.9098

        : www.zaaz.com
        : www.webanalytics.com

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Eric Peterson
        <eric.peterson@g...> wrote:
        > Jim,
        >
        > A well-timed question as I was about to solicit the group and see if
        > anyone had been doing A/B testing on their own, e.g., have built
        their
        > own internal system for distributing traffic and measuring the
        > results.
        >
        > If you have, and you're able to speak on or off the record, please
        > contact me directly at eric.peterson@g...
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Eric Peterson
        >

        > On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:18:52 -0000, jwb96 <jwb96@y...> wrote:
        > >

        > > I've seen Optimost and Offermatica mentioned here on the forum,
        but
        > > was wondering if there are any other ASP A/B (or multivariate)
        > > testing vendors any of you would recommend, if not for actual use
        > > then at least for research as my company begins to look into the
        > > outsourced testing model.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Jim

        > --
        > Eric T. Peterson
        > Author, Web Analytics Demystified
        > www.webanalyticsdemystified.com
        >
        > Have you joined the Metrics Discussion Group? Email
        > webanalytics-subscribe@yahoogroups.com to join today!
      • Matt Belkin
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 22, 2004
          Hi Jason,

          It'd be great if you would highlight some of your  testing experiences here in this forum.  While I've utilize many testing approaches myself (both vendor- and organic-based), I believe everyone would benefit from such a public discussion.

          Best, Matt.
          VP, Best Practices
          Omniture

          <eric.peterson@g...> wrote:
          > Jim,
          >
          > A well-timed question as I was about to solicit the group and see if
          > anyone had been doing A/B testing on their own, e.g., have built
          their
          > own internal system for distributing traffic and measuring the
          > results.
          >
          > If you have, and you're able to speak on or off the record, please
          > contact me directly at eric.peterson@g...
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Eric Peterson
          >

          > On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 14:18:52 -0000, jwb96 <jwb96@y...> wrote:
          > >

          > > I've seen Optimost and Offermatica mentioned here on the forum,
          but
          > > was wondering if there are any other ASP A/B (or multivariate)
          > > testing vendors any of you would recommend, if not for actual use
          > > then at least for research as my company begins to look into the
          > > outsourced testing model.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Jim

          > --
          > Eric T. Peterson
          > Author, Web Analytics Demystified
          > www.webanalyticsdemystified.com
          >
          > Have you joined the Metrics Discussion Group?  Email
          > webanalytics-subscribe@yahoogroups.com to join today!

          Web Metrics Discussion Group
          Moderated by Eric T. Peterson
          Author, Web Analytics Demystified
          http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com

        • Lee Feinberg
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 23, 2004
            I've been researching this also. Add Vertster and SiteSpect to your list.

            Lee Feinberg
            www.e-thusiasm.com