Re: [webanalytics] Spread of Internet Explorer 7

  • djernigan1@nc.rr.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
      I work for a media site, here are our numbers last 30 days:

      6,559,404 total visits
      IE 7.0 - 165,647 visits (2.27% )
      Firefox 2.0 - 40,849 visits (0.49%)

      For any curious:
      IE 6 - 5,103,101 visits (80%)

      Dawn Jernigan
      WRAL.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
        Yesterday my computers "recommended" that I download IE 7 "for security
        reasons." It may not be automatic, but it was pretty persistent in
        suggesting that the upgrade was needed for security reasons.

        I did ask if I wanted to upgrade. By the way, all of this was part of
        the automatic MS updates.

        Thanks,

        Jay Allen

        Cutter & Buck

        770-410-4700 x4708

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
          We're currently seeing results similiar to what Jim is, at about 5-6%
          using IE7 currently for the month of October. I expect it to increase
          as the Windows updates are pushed out.

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Newsome" <jim@...> wrote:

          > We've been monitoring IE7 take-up over the last two weeks over a
          > spread of sites from small techie-focused to global ecomm sites and
          > we've already seen a jump in one week from 4.00% to 5.79% as a
          share
          > of total visits. Don't expect it'll stop there either....
          >
          > I think a major issue is going to be the impact of tabbed browsing
          > entering the mainstream. There's a good article on this here:
          > http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=3623280.
          >
          > Are there any further studies out there that anyone knows about?
          >
          > Jim
          > Google Analytics Authorised Consultants
          > http://www.ga-experts.co.uk/blog?utm_id=7
          >
          > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Baker" <Chris@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Is anyone seeing much Internet Explorer 7 traffic yet? Or any
          > problems due
          > > to IE7 being around.

        • Paul Strupp
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
            Our experience is pretty similar to Jim's. We've seen it increasing at
            about 1% share per week since mid October while IE6 has been dropping
            about 1% share per week. IE7 is just above 5% for us at the moment.