RE: [webanalytics] Digest Number 16

  • Jacques Warren
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2004
      Hi Emily,

      Webtrends's SDC (SmartSource Data Collector) is actually free. It IS more precise than analyzing based on server logs, and you can collect more data about the visitors. SDC can be implemented by your own team if you wish, although it can be faster with Webtrends's team (although not cheap!).

      Jacques

      From: natalie.huijsman@...
      2. Re: Analytics for Intranet
      From: Emily and Michael Lee <emilouise@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:51:40 +0200
      From: natalie.huijsman@...
      Subject: Re: Analytics for Intranet

      Hi all,

      I am about to join ABN AMRO's Community of Practice regarding
      Intranets/Internet, I am preparing myself for my introduction end of
      August. One main agenda point is..... statistics!! Of course I will
      advise
      to become a member of this group!

      Some of the member state that they have great statistics programmes for
      their sites and some have no statistics programme at all.

      There has been a pilot of WebTrends, but that stopped because of
      financial
      reasons. They are aware of the statistics programs you can download from

      internet, but that is kind of tricky for our business (financial).
      Mostly
      because of security reasons. Another user of WebTrends states that it
      does
      not track good. Someone else is looking into NetGenesys but her group
      still has not decided which system they want to use.

      What do we want to know from statistics?
      visitors (amount, unique), which countries visit our sites, which items
      are visited and how much (hits, page views), use of applications, Return

      On Investments (ROI) etc.

      Has anybody of you experience in setting up statistics for Intranet?
      Which
      applications do you use and what is your experience with that?

      Kind regards,

      Natalie

      ---
      privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender
      by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any
      unauthorised use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is
      strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change.

      ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (including its group companies) shall not be liable
      for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained
      in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your
      system. ABN AMRO Bank N.V. (or its group companies) does not guarantee
      that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that
      this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.
      ---

      [This message contained attachments]

      Message: 2
      Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:56:51 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Emily and Michael Lee <emilouise@...>

      Hello,

      the hompage for abnamro has sitestat
      (http://www.sitestat.com/). This is a stats tool that
      I am not familiar with, but you might as well check
      that out. I imagine you could get good corporate
      pricing for your intranet sites as you use it on your
      external sites...

      web trends now offers a client side tagging tool that
      you can install in house as well as as a service, if
      security is your biggest concern. it is expensive
      though... I've tested this latest version product, and
      it is excellent and worth loooking at.

      Regards,
      Emily

      --- natalie.huijsman@... wrote:
      > Hi all,
      >
      > I am about to join ABN AMRO's Community of Practice
      > regarding
      > Intranets/Internet, I am preparing myself for my
      > introduction end of
      > August. One main agenda point is..... statistics!!
      > Of course I will advise
      > to become a member of this group!
      >
      > Some of the member state that they have great
      > statistics programmes for
      > their sites and some have no statistics programme at
      > all.
      >
      > There has been a pilot of WebTrends, but that
      > stopped because of financial
      > reasons. They are aware of the statistics programs
      > you can download from
      > internet, but tha

      t is kind of tricky for our
      > business (financial). Mostly
      > because of security reasons. Another user of
      > WebTrends states that it does
      > not track good. Someone else is looking into
      > NetGenesys but her group
      > still has not decided which system they want to use.
      >
      > What do we want to know from statistics?
      > visitors (amount, unique), which countries visit our
      > sites, which items
      > are visited and how much (hits, page views), use of
      > applications, Return
      > On Investments (ROI) etc.
      >
      > Has anybody of you experience in setting up
      > statistics for Intranet? Which
      > applications do you use and what is your experience
      > with that?
      >
      > Kind regards,
      >
      > Natalie

      ---