A nice strawman to whack upon ...

  • Eric Peterson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
      Folks, I asked last week for feature/function deployment dates. One
      of the vendors just got back to me providing the following dates. Can
      any of the rest of you claim earlier dates for any of the following?

      * Log file parsed - 1995
      * JavaScript page tag deployed - 1999
      * Instance of log data being transformed into a SQL database - 1998
      * Campaign tracked using dedicated functionality (e.g., campaign
      tracking) - 1999
      * Browser overlay - 2002
      * Excel-based reporting engine - 2004
      * Custom variables deployed - 1999
      * Commerce variables tracked in an analytics application - 1999
      * Internal (site) search tracked using dedicated functionality - 2002
      * Benchmark data presented - Not applicable
      * Clickstream/path reporting deployed - 1996

      Feel free to send dates to me directly rather than clog the main
      channel here. I promise to do something nice with the results (so
      this exercise doesn't end up being a waste of everyone's bandwidth ;-)
      --
      Eric T. Peterson
      Author, Web Analytics Demystified

      Have you joined the Metrics Discussion Group? Email
      webanalytics-subscribe@yahoogroups.com to join today!
    • Paul Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
        Eric,

        I believe interse market focus 2 used a SQL database. I'm not sure of
        the exact date, but here is an article about the product from Oct of
        1996. Must be prior to that.

        http://www.dbmsmag.com/9610i10.html

        Paul Smith