KIA Index -- one way to get more customers in Sweden

  • Lars J
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2006
      Web analytics vendors should aim to get measurement using their tool
      accepted for use in the KIA Index in Sweden.
      http://www.annons.se/?get=content&action=view&id=127-115

      The tools that are currently accepted are WebSideStory HBX, Instadia
      Clientstep, Insight XE and SiteCensus.

      Those who would like to qualify should contact mikael(at)smrn.se

      /Lars
    • Aurélie Pols
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
        Hi Lars,

        Not only that. That's a purely vendor issue and up to them, for those
        who actually follow this blog, to pick up the info and do their
        homework.
        The other side is also the protection of the Advertisers and the
        accuracy of measure, definition of standards, ... that have already
        been discussed here and elsewhere.
        It does make me think a lot about the WAA but maybe a path would be to
        enlarge this in order to encompass a more European initiative, don't
        you think?

        Maybe talk to the World Federation of Advertisers about it,
        http://www.wfanet.org, as the Federation of Swedish Advertisers,
        www.annons.se, that you mention is a member...
        And get the WAA involved.

        We've got our own index in Belgium called metriweb or CIM, which is
        actually far from perfect in my humble opinion. And to be quite
        honest, I'm not that confident about the future either.

        Any thoughts on that from the group?

        Anyhow, in order to build the future and hope universally recognised
        standards, any chance of getting this content in "official" english
        instead of going through the translation of the webpage in a tool?
        my Swedish is unfortunately non existant :-(

        Let me know,
        Aurélie
        WebAnalytics.be

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Lars J <freshflavour@...> wrote:

        > Web analytics vendors should aim to get measurement using their tool
        > accepted for use in the KIA Index in Sweden.
        > http://www.annons.se/?get=content&action=view&id=127-115
        >
        > The tools that are currently accepted are WebSideStory HBX, Instadia
        > Clientstep, Insight XE and SiteCensus.
        >
        > Those who would like to qualify should contact mikael(at)smrn.se
        >
        > /Lars

      • Lars J
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2006
          Aurélie,

          From the beginning it was indeed more of a tool issue rather than about
          method and accuracy.
          I am merely the messenger here, I'm not part of KIA. I'm not certain
          that all countries can agree
          on a worldwide standard (even if preferable) so I would like to see EU
          nations take a lead on this
          and work to get USA and Canada on board. Then take it from there.

          Cheers,
          Lars

          Aurélie Pols wrote:

          > Hi Lars,
          >
          > Not only that. That's a purely vendor issue and up to them, for those
          > who actually follow this blog, to pick up the info and do their
          > homework.
          > The other side is also the protection of the Advertisers and the
          > accuracy of measure, definition of standards, ... that have already
          > been discussed here and elsewhere.
          > It does make me think a lot about the WAA but maybe a path would be to
          > enlarge this in order to encompass a more European initiative, don't
          > you think?
          >
          > Maybe talk to the World Federation of Advertisers about it,
          > http://www.wfanet. org, <http://www.wfanet.org,> as the Federation of
          > Swedish Advertisers,
          > www.annons.se, that you mention is a member...
          > And get the WAA involved.
          >
          > We've got our own index in Belgium called metriweb or CIM, which is
          > actually far from perfect in my humble opinion. And to be quite
          > honest, I'm not that confident about the future either.
          >
          > Any thoughts on that from the group?
          >
          > Anyhow, in order to build the future and hope universally recognised
          > standards, any chance of getting this content in "official" english
          > instead of going through the translation of the webpage in a tool?
          > my Swedish is unfortunately non existant :-(
          >
          > Let me know,
          > Aurélie
          > WebAnalytics. be
          >
          > --- In webanalytics@ yahoogroups. com
          > <mailto:webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>, Lars J <freshflavour@ ...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Web analytics vendors should aim to get measurement using their tool
          > > accepted for use in the KIA Index in Sweden.
          > > http://www.annons. se/?get=content& action=view& id=127-115
          > <http://www.annons.se/?get=content&action=view&id=127-115>
          > >
          > > The tools that are currently accepted are WebSideStory HBX, Instadia
          > > Clientstep, Insight XE and SiteCensus.
          > >
          > > Those who would like to qualify should contact mikael(at)smrn. se
          > >
          > > /Lars

        • Steve Wind-Mozley
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2006
            Lars,

            That list for KIA qualified vendors is not complete. Nedstat was issued
            a quality certificate in 2002 by KIA for the measurement method used and
            the metrics produced in Sitestat, and there may be other vendors not
            included on your list.

            Best Regards

            Steve

            <http://www.nedstat.com/web/nedstatcorp.nsf/pages/index?open&ns_campaign
            =nedstat_regular_ads_email_footer&ns_mchannel=email&ns_source=email_foot
            er&ns_linkname=general_logo&ns_fee=0>

            <http://www.nedstat.com/web/nedstatcorp.nsf/pages/index?open&ns_campaign
            =nedstat_regular_ads_email_footer&ns_mchannel=email&ns_source=email_foot
            er&ns_linkname=general_logo&ns_fee=0>

            Steve Wind-Mozley
            Managing Consultant UK

            Nedstat Ltd | 91-93 Farringdon Road | London EC1M3LN |Phone:
            +44 (0)20 7841 1525 | Mobile: +44 (0)793 994 0218 |