Web Analytics Wednesday coming on September 13th!

  • Eric Peterson
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 31, 2006
      Folks,

      So far only Stockholm and Denver have Web Analytics Wednesday events
      on the board (but I know that the O.C. is also planning a luncheon).
      Are any other cities planning to get together?

      http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/wednesday/

      Remember, if you're planning an event and want to list it you can use
      the following form to add your event:

      http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/wednesday/add_waw.asp

      I'm in the process of again expanding the functionality provided for
      WAW hosts (including some nifty Web 2.0 stuff thanks to June
      Dershewitz for inspiration!)

      Plus, I'm in heated talks with the Events Coordinator at the Web
      Analytics Association trying to figure out how to bridge the gap
      between WAW and WAA and help the WAA establish a better local presence
      around the globe. Brian Induni has knighted me "WAA Cruise Director"
      (not an official title but it sound fun so I'll take it) so hopefully
      Nancy and I can hash out the details before October.

      Anyway, I know Jeff is planning something in Portland so maybe other
      cities are gearing up for Fall and ready to get back together. Sign
      up at:

      http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/wednesday/

      Eric T. Peterson
      Author, Moderator, WAA Cruise Director, Visual Sciences Employee
      http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/weblog
    • Fred Kuu
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2006
        The SF Bay Area will have a September WAW. (We're still ironing out
        event details but once that's done, we'll be listing the event in
        Eric's app and publicizing the event in other venues.)

        The location for the September event (and all future WAW events for
        the remainder of the year here in the SF Bay Area) will be at:
        British Bankers Club (BBC)
        1090 El Camino Real
        Menlo Park, CA

        We'll be located in the upstairs area.

        If you're in the SF Bay Area and am thinking of attending, go ahead
        and mark your calendar.

        Cheers!
        Fred

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Peterson"
        <eric.peterson@...> wrote:

        > Folks,
        >
        > So far only Stockholm and Denver have Web Analytics Wednesday events
        > on the board (but I know that the O.C. is also planning a luncheon).
        > Are any other cities planning to get together?
        >
        > http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/wednesday/
        >
        > Remember, if you're planning an event and want to list it you can use
        > the following form to add your event:
        >
        > http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/wednesday/add_waw.asp
        >
        > I'm in the process of again expanding the functionality provided for
        > WAW hosts (including some nifty Web 2.0 stuff thanks to June
        > Dershewitz for inspiration!)
        >
        > Plus, I'm in heated talks with the Events Coordinator at the Web
        > Analytics Association trying to figure out how to bridge the gap
        > between WAW and WAA and help the WAA establish a better local presence
        > around the globe. Brian Induni has knighted me "WAA Cruise Director"
        > (not an official title but it sound fun so I'll take it) so hopefully
        > Nancy and I can hash out the details before October.
        >
        > Anyway, I know Jeff is planning something in Portland so maybe other
        > cities are gearing up for Fall and ready to get back together. Sign
        > up at:
        >
        > http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/wednesday/
        >
        > Eric T. Peterson
        > Author, Moderator, WAA Cruise Director, Visual Sciences Employee
        > http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/weblog

      • Matt Belkin
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 3, 2006
          Hi Folks,

          I'll be in NYC next Wednesday, September 13th...is anyone aware of a Web
          Analytics Wednesday event? Please let me know; I'd love to stop by and
          sponsor the first round on behalf of Omniture :-)

          Cheers, Matt.

          Matt Belkin
          Vice President, Best Practices Group
          Inside Web Analytics - Check the blog today!
          <http://www.omniture.com/blog?s_scid=belkin_tag>

          550 East Timpanogos Circle
          Orem, UT 84097
          www.omniture.com <http://www.omniture.com>

        • sebastian.wenzel
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 4, 2006
            Hi Matt and everybody in NYC,

            I would be more than happy to join or even host for the first time.
            I saw that the NY WW usually took place in Soho, which is fine with
            me. I am more than happy to meet everybody there or I can "host" the
            event in the Bentley rooftop lounge (63rd and York,), which has an
            incredible view (21st floor) and is never crowded. Bentley probably
            sounds fancy to you, but the place is actually pretty normal.

            Let me know what you think and I will host or just join the NYC WW
            event.

            Sebastian
            sebastian.wenzel@...

            --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Belkin" <mbelkin@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi Folks,
            >

            > I'll be in NYC next Wednesday, September 13th...is anyone aware of
            a Web
            > Analytics Wednesday event? Please let me know; I'd love to stop
            by and
            > sponsor the first round on behalf of Omniture :-)
            >

            > Cheers, Matt.
            >

            > Matt Belkin
            > Vice President, Best Practices Group
            > Inside Web Analytics - Check the blog today!
            > <http://www.omniture.com/blog?s_scid=belkin_tag>
            >

            > 550 East Timpanogos Circle
            > Orem, UT 84097
            > www.omniture.com <http://www.omniture.com>

          • Joel Collymore
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 5, 2006
              That sounds like a nice location. I am willing to Join.

              --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "sebastian.wenzel"
              <sebastian.wenzel@...> wrote:

              > Hi Matt and everybody in NYC,
              >
              > I would be more than happy to join or even host for the first time.
              > I saw that the NY WW usually took place in Soho, which is fine with
              > me. I am more than happy to meet everybody there or I can "host"
              the
              > event in the Bentley rooftop lounge (63rd and York,), which has an
              > incredible view (21st floor) and is never crowded. Bentley probably
              > sounds fancy to you, but the place is actually pretty normal.
              >
              > Let me know what you think and I will host or just join the NYC WW
              > event.
              >

              > Sebastian
              > sebastian.wenzel@...
              >

              > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Belkin" <mbelkin@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Folks,
              > >

              > > I'll be in NYC next Wednesday, September 13th...is anyone aware
              of
              > a Web
              > > Analytics Wednesday event? Please let me know; I'd love to stop
              > by and
              > > sponsor the first round on behalf of Omniture :-)
              > >

              > > Cheers, Matt.
              > >

              > > Matt Belkin
              > > Vice President, Best Practices Group
              > > Inside Web Analytics - Check the blog today!
              > > <http://www.omniture.com/blog?s_scid=belkin_tag>
              > >

              > > 550 East Timpanogos Circle
              > > Orem, UT 84097
              > > www.omniture.com <http://www.omniture.com>

            • dmonteverdi
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 6, 2006
                Matt, Sebastian, Joel, and Co.

                The Bentley sounds nice but it's way out of the way. It's only
                accessible by 4,5,6,F to 59th/Lex followed by a walk 4 (long) blocks
                east. How about somewhere near Grand Central Terminal or Union
                Square/Irving Place. Do you have any recommendations in these 'hoods?

                Thanks for starting kicking off this discussion...

                Derek | Bluefly.com

                <sebastian.wenzel@...> wrote:

                > Hi Matt and everybody in NYC,
                >
                > I would be more than happy to join or even host for the first time.
                > I saw that the NY WW usually took place in Soho, which is fine with
                > me. I am more than happy to meet everybody there or I can "host" the
                > event in the Bentley rooftop lounge (63rd and York,), which has an
                > incredible view (21st floor) and is never crowded. Bentley probably
                > sounds fancy to you, but the place is actually pretty normal.
                >
                > Let me know what you think and I will host or just join the NYC WW
                > event.
                >

                > Sebastian
                > sebastian.wenzel@...
              • Matt Belkin
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 7, 2006
                  I'm not a NY native, so I'm open to anyone's suggestions. Has anyone
                  been to previous WAW functions in NY where they liked the venue?

                  ________________________________

                  The Bentley sounds nice but it's way out of the way. It's only
                  accessible by 4,5,6,F to 59th/Lex followed by a walk 4 (long) blocks
                  east. How about somewhere near Grand Central Terminal or Union
                  Square/Irving Place. Do you have any recommendations in these 'hoods?

                  Thanks for starting kicking off this discussion...

                  Derek | Bluefly.com

                  --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
                  <mailto:webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com> , "sebastian.wenzel"
                  <sebastian.wenzel@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Matt and everybody in NYC,
                  >
                  > I would be more than happy to join or even host for the first time.
                  > I saw that the NY WW usually took place in Soho, which is fine with
                  > me. I am more than happy to meet everybody there or I can "host" the
                  > event in the Bentley rooftop lounge (63rd and York,), which has an
                  > incredible view (21st floor) and is never crowded. Bentley probably
                  > sounds fancy to you, but the place is actually pretty normal.
                  >
                  > Let me know what you think and I will host or just join the NYC WW
                  > event.
                  >

                  > Sebastian
                  > sebastian.wenzel@...

                • Rucha Gokhale
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 7, 2006
                    Is it ok to join this wednesday group if I'm a complete newbie, and really
                    only a student of web analytics?

                    I work in New York and can make it to any place within reasonable distance
                    (by train) from Union Square.

                    Thanks
                    Rucha

                    On 9/7/06, Matt Belkin <mbelkin@...> wrote:

                    > I'm not a NY native, so I'm open to anyone's suggestions. Has anyone
                    > been to previous WAW functions in NY where they liked the venue?
                    >

                    > Matt Belkin
                    > Vice President, Best Practices Group
                    > Inside Web Analytics - Check the blog today!
                    > <http://www.omniture.com/blog?s_scid=belkin_tag>
                    >
                    > 550 East Timpanogos Circle
                    > Orem, UT 84097
                    > www.omniture.com <http://www.omniture.com>
                    >
                    > ________________________________

                  • dmonteverdi
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 7, 2006
                      The next WAW in NYC will be at Rare Bar & Grill
                      (http://rarebarandgrill.com/) in the Shelbourne Hotel in Murray Hill:
                      330 Lexington Ave. between 37th and 38th streets. Take the 4, 5, 6 to
                      33rd St. then walk 4 blocks blocks north. You can also take the B, D,
                      F to 40th St. and 6th Ave.

                      It's not as univeraslly convenient as Times Square or Union Square,
                      but it's a somewhat short walk to Grand Central Terminal and Penn
                      Station for those folks who live in Westchester or Long Island.

                      RSVP at http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/wednesday/

                      For more info. contact Jay dot Gromek at Foreseeresults dot com or
                      Derek dot Monteverdi at Bluefly dot com.

                      Derek
                    • dmonteverdi
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 7, 2006
                        Of course! (6 train from Union Sq.)

                        BTW, the 4,5 doesn't stop at 33rd so please take the 6 train. I was
                        copying from their website and just didn't think about it. Sorry.

                        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Rucha Gokhale"
                        <rucha.gokhale@...> wrote:

                        > Is it ok to join this wednesday group if I'm a complete newbie, and
                        really
                        > only a student of web analytics?
                        >
                        > I work in New York and can make it to any place within reasonable
                        distance
                        > (by train) from Union Square.
                        >
                        > Thanks
                        > Rucha
                      • dmonteverdi
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 7, 2006
                          Another important clarification:

                          We will be meeting at Rare View, the rooftop bar of the Shelbourne
                          Hotel. If the weather is bad then we'll meet at Rare Bar & Grill on
                          the ground floor.

                          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "dmonteverdi" <dmonteverdi@...>
                          wrote:

                          > The next WAW in NYC will be at Rare Bar & Grill
                          > (http://rarebarandgrill.com/) in the Shelbourne Hotel in Murray Hill:
                          > 330 Lexington Ave. between 37th and 38th streets. Take the 4, 5, 6 to
                          > 33rd St. then walk 4 blocks blocks north. You can also take the B, D,
                          > F to 40th St. and 6th Ave.
                          >
                          > It's not as univeraslly convenient as Times Square or Union Square,
                          > but it's a somewhat short walk to Grand Central Terminal and Penn
                          > Station for those folks who live in Westchester or Long Island.
                          >
                          > RSVP at http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/wednesday/
                          >
                          > For more info. contact Jay dot Gromek at Foreseeresults dot com or
                          > Derek dot Monteverdi at Bluefly dot com.
                          >
                          > Derek

                        • Saif
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 7, 2006
                            Is there a place that I need to RSVP to as a new member.

                            wrote:

                            > The next WAW in NYC will be at Rare Bar & Grill
                            > (http://rarebarandgrill.com/) in the Shelbourne Hotel in Murray Hill:
                            > 330 Lexington Ave. between 37th and 38th streets. Take the 4, 5, 6 to
                            > 33rd St. then walk 4 blocks blocks north. You can also take the B, D,
                            > F to 40th St. and 6th Ave.
                            >
                            > It's not as univeraslly convenient as Times Square or Union Square,
                            > but it's a somewhat short walk to Grand Central Terminal and Penn
                            > Station for those folks who live in Westchester or Long Island.
                            >
                            > RSVP at http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/wednesday/
                            >
                            > For more info. contact Jay dot Gromek at Foreseeresults dot com or
                            > Derek dot Monteverdi at Bluefly dot com.
                            >
                            > Derek

                          • Maggie Dallatana
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 8, 2006
                              I do not know if your question was ever answered regarding Web Analytics Wednesdays. Maybe not. Here is the link to sign up: