Web Analytics job opening - HowStuffWorks.com
- HowStuffWorks (www.howstuffworks.com ) is looking for an experienced Web
analytics professional to join our high-profile Strategy and Research
team. As the Web Analytics Specialist, you'll have an opportunity to
help shape the growth strategy of our company using best-of-breed
analytics tools. The Web Analytics Specialist will be responsible for
helping to manage the technology, reporting, and interpretation of all
visitor metrics. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to
be part of high-growth new media company.
If you're interested, please send me a resume and a written description
of your web analytics background. This position is located in Chicago,
with a start date of early-mid July.
Director of Research | HowStuffWorks.com
Research & Analytics
* Measure success of website and online marketing initiatives using
data and key metrics.
* Daily, weekly, and monthly analyses of web site activity and
e-marketing campaigns, including click stream analysis and ROI
* Develop and evolve report sets as necessary.
* Monitor the quality and integrity of the data in the system and all
reports being published.
* Work with Director of Research to develop best practices for
delivering Web analytics findings and strategic recommendations to all
* Configure Web analytics tools (Omniture) to meet various business
* Translate research needs into specific traffic, pathing, and
conversion-related tagging structures.
* Work with IT department to ensure Web analytics capabilities grow
in parallel with expansion of site properties, infrastructure, and
* Ensure all new site properties are properly tagged for analytics
and that tags accurately reflect business needs.
* Work with business managers to communicate and deliver on value of
* Actively gather requirements for web analytics requests and view
all company initiatives through the lens of identifying key metrics,
tracking them, and reporting success.
* Develop analytic models and strategic thinking within Strategy &
* Translate statistical findings into actionable recommendations for
improving visitor acquisition, retention, and conversion.
* Train business managers to pull basic analytical reports as
* At least 2 years experience working with a pixel-based Web
analytics tools. Omniture experience is preferred.
* Highly proficient analyzing and interpreting data; able to
synthesize information from a variety of sources and translate into
effective and actionable reports.
* Real-world understanding of Web analytics best practices, key
performance indicators, and ways in which site architecture influences
the ability to track visitor behavior.
* Comfortable expressing complex problems and solutions in writing
and defending ideas with statistical evidence.
* Demonstrated ability to succeed in both team and self-directed
* Experience managing Web analytics for multiple
functions/departments within an organization is a plus.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]