Urchin?

  • robbinsteif
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28 3:26 PM
      Today I talked to someone who had Urchin software running on their old
      site's logfiles, and they were waiting for GA to use with their new
      site. I got them the GA invite while I was at the Summit, but they
      said that their Urchin reseller took care of it for them in my absence
      (moved their Urchin software over from their old logfiles to their new
      logfiles) and told them that there will be an upgrade. To server-side
      Urchin. I said, no no, Urchin was completely taken over by GA, and the
      customer said, no no, we were told that an Urchin upgrade will come.

      Any light that anyone can shed?

      Robbin
    • Clint
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 28 5:13 PM
        Robbin,
        I am sure there are those out there more familiar with the pre-Google
        Urchin, but it seems as though there are a lot of VARs for Urchin/GA
        out there and that part of the package includes a log analyzer piece:
        http://www.roirevolution.com/subnav_urchin5.htm

        -Clint

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "robbinsteif" <steif@...> wrote:

        > Today I talked to someone who had Urchin software running on their old
        > site's logfiles, and they were waiting for GA to use with their new
        > site. I got them the GA invite while I was at the Summit, but they
        > said that their Urchin reseller took care of it for them in my absence
        > (moved their Urchin software over from their old logfiles to their new
        > logfiles) and told them that there will be an upgrade. To server-side
        > Urchin. I said, no no, Urchin was completely taken over by GA, and the
        > customer said, no no, we were told that an Urchin upgrade will come.
        >
        > Any light that anyone can shed?
        >
        > Robbin

      • Mike Chipman
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29 12:38 AM
          Robbin, the Urchin upgrade is currently being developed and will be called
          Google Analytics. Please keep in mind that Google Analytics is actually
          Urchin v6.

          As a former employee of both Urchin and Google, I can say with 100%
          certainty that the new software version is coming. I'm not sure when it
          will be released, but you'll be able to purchase it from my company once
          it's available. ;-)

          =================
          Mike Chipman
          XOONI
          p: (602) 953-5333
          f: (815) 301-8689
          mike@...
          http://www.xooni.com
          =================

          On 4/28/06, robbinsteif <steif@...> wrote:

          > Today I talked to someone who had Urchin software running on their old
          > site's logfiles, and they were waiting for GA to use with their new
          > site. I got them the GA invite while I was at the Summit, but they
          > said that their Urchin reseller took care of it for them in my absence
          > (moved their Urchin software over from their old logfiles to their new
          > logfiles) and told them that there will be an upgrade. To server-side
          > Urchin. I said, no no, Urchin was completely taken over by GA, and the
          > customer said, no no, we were told that an Urchin upgrade will come.
          >
          > Any light that anyone can shed?
          >
          > Robbin

        • Bill Bruno
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 29 7:50 AM
            Hi Robbin, Clint,

            As one of Google's certified partners, we had the chance to attend a
            conference held at their offices for all of their VARs and Partners.
            Google did announce that they were working on an Urchin 6 product. They
            don't have a date for that release, but they did say it would be coming.

            Thanks,

            Bill

            ___

            <http://www.stratigent.com>

            Bill Bruno
            Senior Analyst
            Stratigent, LLC

            Phone: 630.393.9583

            Cell: 773.203.6596
            Fax: 630.393.9579
            Email: bill@... <mailto:bill@...>

            Copyright Stratigent, LLC 2006, all rights reserved. This email message
            and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients and
            contain confidential and proprietary information. Any unauthorized use,
            disclosure or distribution of this email message or its attachments is
            prohibited.

            ________________________________

            I am sure there are those out there more familiar with the pre-Google
            Urchin, but it seems as though there are a lot of VARs for Urchin/GA
            out there and that part of the package includes a log analyzer piece:
            http://www.roirevolution.com/subnav_urchin5.htm

            -Clint

            --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "robbinsteif" <steif@...> wrote:

            > Today I talked to someone who had Urchin software running on their old
            > site's logfiles, and they were waiting for GA to use with their new
            > site. I got them the GA invite while I was at the Summit, but they
            > said that their Urchin reseller took care of it for them in my absence
            > (moved their Urchin software over from their old logfiles to their new
            > logfiles) and told them that there will be an upgrade. To server-side
            > Urchin. I said, no no, Urchin was completely taken over by GA, and the
            > customer said, no no, we were told that an Urchin upgrade will come.
            >
            > Any light that anyone can shed?
            >
            > Robbin

            ---------------------------------------
            The Web Analytics Forum
            Founded by Eric T. Peterson (www.webanalyticsdemystified.com)
            Moderated by the Web Analytics Association
            (www.webanalyticsassociation.org)
            Email moderators at: webanalytics-moderators@yahoogroups.com

            Key performance indicators
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Key+performance+indicators&w1=Key+p
            erformance+indicators&w2=Analytics&w3=Big+book&w4=Internet+business&w5=I
            nternet+business+idea&w6=Internet+business+opportunity&c=6&s=147&.sig=-s
            4He2SuuDlB4XQXG2emrQ>

            Analytics
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Analytics&w1=Key+performance+indica
            tors&w2=Analytics&w3=Big+book&w4=Internet+business&w5=Internet+business+
            idea&w6=Internet+business+opportunity&c=6&s=147&.sig=12RXyLrZ0F68uNLR3Fl

            Big book
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Big+book&w1=Key+performance+indicat
            ors&w2=Analytics&w3=Big+book&w4=Internet+business&w5=Internet+business+i
            dea&w6=Internet+business+opportunity&c=6&s=147&.sig=Tt61X7Ifx7GVT9_-ahq5
            gQ>

            Internet business
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Internet+business&w1=Key+performanc
            e+indicators&w2=Analytics&w3=Big+book&w4=Internet+business&w5=Internet+b
            usiness+idea&w6=Internet+business+opportunity&c=6&s=147&.sig=99s-D46ELEr
            IK1Epz1XkZA>

            Internet business idea
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Internet+business+idea&w1=Key+perfo
            rmance+indicators&w2=Analytics&w3=Big+book&w4=Internet+business&w5=Inter
            net+business+idea&w6=Internet+business+opportunity&c=6&s=147&.sig=WODI4d
            Fx22shb4sAEUhWIQ>

            Internet business opportunity
            <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Internet+business+opportunity&w1=Ke
            y+performance+indicators&w2=Analytics&w3=Big+book&w4=Internet+business&w
            5=Internet+business+idea&w6=Internet+business+opportunity&c=6&s=147&.sig
            =oF5CkkJ6aKD9WoWFmVq3TA>

          • Ian Lurie
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 30 12:06 PM
              Will it be server-side? We are currently using Urchin 5 with the campaign
              tracking and e-commerce modules. We're about to switch to Clickstream
              because we've heard for a year that a new Urchin was forthcoming, then
              nothing.

              We'd love to combine the two tools, but can anyone from GA tell us for sure
              when to expect a new product? Maybe just narrow it down to a quarter?...

              President | 206.575.3740
              Portent Interactive
              An Internet Marketing Agency
              http://www.portentinteractive.com