Re: What Web Analytics Should We Buy?

  • jonathan casuncad
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2006
      We need an analytics solution that can do the
      following;

      1. Create campaigns that cut across multiple websites
      and a single sales funnel and be able to track
      properly.
      2. Create single campaigns (1 website leading to 1
      sales funnel) and be able to track properly.
      3. Create campaigns (Organic, PPC, Affiliate Program,
      Email, etc) that would contain multiple websites as
      entry points and lead to 1 sales funnel).

      I know that Urchin's Campaign Tracking Module (add-on)
      can do this. I want to know if there are others out
      there?

      Jonathan Casuncad
      Search Engine Marketing Consultant
      http://www.sem-pros.com/

      Search Engine Marketing Directory: http://www.sem-pros.com/resources/
      Search Engine Marketing Blog: http://www.sem-pros.com/blog/
      Search Engine Marketing Forum: http://www.sem-pros.com/sem-forums/

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • ernest.mueller@ni.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
        JavaScript has the facility to detect when a Web page is printed. It has
        both window.onbeforeprint and window.onafterprint events. Just set a page
        tag fire or whatever you want, should suit your needs. Works in IE, not
        sure about other browsers.

        See http://www.wsabstract.com/javatutors/ie5print.shtml for a usage
        tutorial.

        Thanks,
        Ernest

        "Seby
        Kallarakkal"
        <seby@...> To
        Sent by: "web analytics forum"
        webanalytics@yaho <webanalytics@yahoogroups.com>
        ogroups.com cc

        Subject
        03/31/2006 08:14 Re: [webanalytics] Google Analytics
        PM - Can it Track Printouts of a
        Coupon Page?

        Please respond to
        webanalytics@yaho
        ogroups.com

        I remember reading Google's help file on measuring clicks to external link
        using a Javascript. I think the same principle can be applied here. Give a
        print link that executes a javascript that in turn calls a page. But if the
        user chooses to print usinf the file drop down, I suspect you can't really
        do anything.

        Seby
        Seby Kallarakkal
        Sent from my BlackBerry® on Airtel

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
          Kristen,

          Not that i condone the use of google analytics (i do it rocks) but...

          If you want to track the use of a 'print' button/link use:

          ('/coupon/printclick');">Click Here to Print out Coupon</a>

          Otherise add this into body tag of html...

          obviously you can use whatever you want in the place of
          '/coupon/printed' and /coupon/printclick, these will just be the names
          of the pages that apear in the reporting tool.

          Enjoy.

          Gareth.

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "apokrisis22" <kristen@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > I have lurked in this group for a time and this is my first post.
          > Thanks for all the excellent information!
          >
          > I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to track the number of times
          > a page is prined out using Google Analytics? The example is a coupon
          > page, for which one of the KPI's would be number of times printed.
          >
          > Is this possible? If not with GA, is there technology that can measure
          > this?
          >
          > Thanks in Advance,
          > Kristen
          >
          > Kristen Lindsey
          > Owner
          > Apokrisis
          > t. 907-3250-4454
          > w. http://www.apokrisis.com
          > b. http://www.apokrisis-answers.com

        • Seby Kallarakkal
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
            Since I bought Eric's book online, Amazon offered me discount on this book
            called "Ramble: A field guide to the U.S.A" :) And yes, the author's name is
            Eric peterson.....

          • Jim Sterne
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
              At 07:33 PM 4/2/2006, Seby Kallarakkal wrote:
              >Since I bought Eric's book online, Amazon offered me discount on this book
              >called "Ramble: A field guide to the U.S.A" :) And yes, the author's name is
              >Eric peterson.....

              Have you seen Eric's frequent flyer statement?
              He could write one a week!

              Emetrics Summit, Web Analytics Conference
              www.emetrics.org
              Santa Barbara, April 18 - 20 SOLD OUT
              London, 3-5 May
              Munich, May 23-24
              Washington D.C., October 16-18
              Jim Sterne www.targeting.com +1-805-965-3184
              President, www.WebAnalyticsAssociation.org

              Emetrics Summit, Web Analytics Conference
              www.emetrics.org
              Santa Barbara, April 18 - 20 SOLD OUT
              London, 3-5 May
              Munich, May 23-24
              Washington D.C., October 16-18
            • Eric Peterson
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
                Ironically I don't actually fly that much, at least not compared to
                Mr. Sterne. And, despite promising my wife I would ** never ** write
                another book, another idea has been percolating ...

                ... no, not a travel book, although I am planning to learn a lot about
                D.C. this Wednesday from the 45 people planning to attend Web
                Analytics Wednesday (shameless plug:
                http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/wednesday/ to sign up, WAA is
                buying the first round, Emetrics the second)

                Hey Jim, as long as I have you on the line:

                -----> WHO WON THE WAA BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTIONS?!?!

                I ask since my friend Clint Ivy ran and he's about to go on vacation
                and the suspense is killing him.

                Anyway, don't anyone tell my wife I'm writing another book and I'll
                see a bunch of you Wednesday night in Arlington, D.C.

                Eric T. Peterson
                Moderator, Author, Visual Sciences Employee

                --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Jim Sterne <jsterne@...> wrote:

                > At 07:33 PM 4/2/2006, Seby Kallarakkal wrote:
                > >Since I bought Eric's book online, Amazon offered me discount on
                this book
                > >called "Ramble: A field guide to the U.S.A" :) And yes, the
                author's name is
                > >Eric peterson.....
                >
                > Have you seen Eric's frequent flyer statement?
                > He could write one a week!

                > Emetrics Summit, Web Analytics Conference
                > www.emetrics.org
                > Santa Barbara, April 18 - 20 SOLD OUT
                > London, 3-5 May
                > Munich, May 23-24
                > Washington D.C., October 16-18
                > Jim Sterne www.targeting.com +1-805-965-3184
                > President, www.WebAnalyticsAssociation.org

                > Emetrics Summit, Web Analytics Conference
                > www.emetrics.org
                > Santa Barbara, April 18 - 20 SOLD OUT
                > London, 3-5 May
                > Munich, May 23-24
                > Washington D.C., October 16-18

              • Bryan E.
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
                  Eric,

                  I could tell you who won but I would have to ---- you. I'll let you
                  use your imagination for the blanks. Fact is Jim and I will be
                  contacting the winners this week. Maybe even later today from Ad:tech
                  in Cincinnati. What I can tell you is that everyone except one person
                  who ran made it onto the board.

                  Thanks,
                  Bryan Eisenberg

                  --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Peterson"