Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [webanalytics] Google Analytics - Can it Track Printouts of a Coupon Page?

Expand Messages
  • Seby Kallarakkal
    I remember reading Google s help file on measuring clicks to external link using a Javascript. I think the same principle can be applied here. Give a print
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31, 2006
      I remember reading Google's help file on measuring clicks to external link using a Javascript. I think the same principle can be applied here. Give a print link that executes a javascript that in turn calls a page. But if the user chooses to print usinf the file drop down, I suspect you can't really do anything.


      Seby
      Seby Kallarakkal
      Sent from my BlackBerry® on Airtel


      -----Original Message-----
      From: "apokrisis22" <kristen@...>
      Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 01:02:34
      To:webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [webanalytics] Google Analytics - Can it Track Printouts of a Coupon Page?

      Hi all,

      I have lurked in this group for a time and this is my first post.
      Thanks for all the excellent information!

      I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to track the number of times
      a page is prined out using Google Analytics? The example is a coupon
      page, for which one of the KPI's would be number of times printed.

      Is this possible? If not with GA, is there technology that can measure
      this?

      Thanks in Advance,
      Kristen

      Kristen Lindsey
      Owner
      Apokrisis
      t. 907-3250-4454
      w. http://www.apokrisis.com: <http://www.apokrisis.com>
      b. http://www.apokrisis-answers.com: <http://www.apokrisis-answers.com>








      ---------------------------------------
      Web Metrics Discussion Group
      Moderated by Eric T. Peterson
      Author, Web Analytics Demystified
      http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com: <http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com>




      ----------------
      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS


      *  Visit your group "webanalytics: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/webanalytics> " on the web.
       
      *  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
       webanalytics-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com: <mailto:webanalytics-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>
       
      *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service: <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .



      ----------------
    • jonathan casuncad
      We need an analytics solution that can do the following; 1. Create campaigns that cut across multiple websites and a single sales funnel and be able to track
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 31, 2006
        We need an analytics solution that can do the
        following;

        1. Create campaigns that cut across multiple websites
        and a single sales funnel and be able to track
        properly.
        2. Create single campaigns (1 website leading to 1
        sales funnel) and be able to track properly.
        3. Create campaigns (Organic, PPC, Affiliate Program,
        Email, etc) that would contain multiple websites as
        entry points and lead to 1 sales funnel).

        I know that Urchin's Campaign Tracking Module (add-on)
        can do this. I want to know if there are others out
        there?

        Jonathan Casuncad
        Search Engine Marketing Consultant
        http://www.sem-pros.com/

        Search Engine Marketing Directory: http://www.sem-pros.com/resources/
        Search Engine Marketing Blog: http://www.sem-pros.com/blog/
        Search Engine Marketing Forum: http://www.sem-pros.com/sem-forums/

        __________________________________________________
        Do You Yahoo!?
        Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • ernest.mueller@ni.com
        JavaScript has the facility to detect when a Web page is printed. It has both window.onbeforeprint and window.onafterprint events. Just set a page tag fire
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
          JavaScript has the facility to detect when a Web page is printed. It has
          both window.onbeforeprint and window.onafterprint events. Just set a page
          tag fire or whatever you want, should suit your needs. Works in IE, not
          sure about other browsers.

          See http://www.wsabstract.com/javatutors/ie5print.shtml for a usage
          tutorial.

          Thanks,
          Ernest




          "Seby
          Kallarakkal"
          <seby@...> To
          Sent by: "web analytics forum"
          webanalytics@yaho <webanalytics@yahoogroups.com>
          ogroups.com cc

          Subject
          03/31/2006 08:14 Re: [webanalytics] Google Analytics
          PM - Can it Track Printouts of a
          Coupon Page?

          Please respond to
          webanalytics@yaho
          ogroups.com






          I remember reading Google's help file on measuring clicks to external link
          using a Javascript. I think the same principle can be applied here. Give a
          print link that executes a javascript that in turn calls a page. But if the
          user chooses to print usinf the file drop down, I suspect you can't really
          do anything.


          Seby
          Seby Kallarakkal
          Sent from my BlackBerry® on Airtel


          -----Original Message-----
          From: "apokrisis22" <kristen@...>
          Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 01:02:34
          To:webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [webanalytics] Google Analytics - Can it Track Printouts of a
          Coupon Page?

          Hi all,

          I have lurked in this group for a time and this is my first post.
          Thanks for all the excellent information!

          I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to track the number of times
          a page is prined out using Google Analytics? The example is a coupon
          page, for which one of the KPI's would be number of times printed.

          Is this possible? If not with GA, is there technology that can measure
          this?

          Thanks in Advance,
          Kristen

          Kristen Lindsey
          Owner
          Apokrisis
          t. 907-3250-4454
          w. http://www.apokrisis.com: <http://www.apokrisis.com>
          b. http://www.apokrisis-answers.com: <http://www.apokrisis-answers.com>








          ---------------------------------------
          Web Metrics Discussion Group
          Moderated by Eric T. Peterson
          Author, Web Analytics Demystified
          http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com: <
          http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com>




          ----------------
          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS


          *  Visit your group "webanalytics: <
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/webanalytics> " on the web.
        • garethhebbron
          Kristen, Not that i condone the use of google analytics (i do it rocks) but... If you want to track the use of a print button/link use:
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
            Kristen,

            Not that i condone the use of google analytics (i do it rocks) but...

            If you want to track the use of a 'print' button/link use:

            <a href="javascript:document.print;" onClick="javascript:urchinTracker
            ('/coupon/printclick');">Click Here to Print out Coupon</a>

            Otherise add this into body tag of html...

            <body onafterprint="urchinTracker('/coupon/printed');">

            obviously you can use whatever you want in the place of
            '/coupon/printed' and /coupon/printclick, these will just be the names
            of the pages that apear in the reporting tool.

            Enjoy.

            Gareth.



            --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "apokrisis22" <kristen@...> wrote:
            >
            > Hi all,
            >
            > I have lurked in this group for a time and this is my first post.
            > Thanks for all the excellent information!
            >
            > I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to track the number of times
            > a page is prined out using Google Analytics? The example is a coupon
            > page, for which one of the KPI's would be number of times printed.
            >
            > Is this possible? If not with GA, is there technology that can measure
            > this?
            >
            > Thanks in Advance,
            > Kristen
            >
            > Kristen Lindsey
            > Owner
            > Apokrisis
            > t. 907-3250-4454
            > w. http://www.apokrisis.com
            > b. http://www.apokrisis-answers.com
            >
          • Seby Kallarakkal
            Since I bought Eric s book online, Amazon offered me discount on this book called Ramble: A field guide to the U.S.A :) And yes, the author s name is Eric
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
              Since I bought Eric's book online, Amazon offered me discount on this book
              called "Ramble: A field guide to the U.S.A" :) And yes, the author's name is
              Eric peterson.....



              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • Jim Sterne
              ... Have you seen Eric s frequent flyer statement? He could write one a week! ... Emetrics Summit, Web Analytics Conference www.emetrics.org Santa Barbara,
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
                At 07:33 PM 4/2/2006, Seby Kallarakkal wrote:
                >Since I bought Eric's book online, Amazon offered me discount on this book
                >called "Ramble: A field guide to the U.S.A" :) And yes, the author's name is
                >Eric peterson.....

                Have you seen Eric's frequent flyer statement?
                He could write one a week!

                -----------------------------------------------------------
                Emetrics Summit, Web Analytics Conference
                www.emetrics.org
                Santa Barbara, April 18 - 20 SOLD OUT
                London, 3-5 May
                Munich, May 23-24
                Washington D.C., October 16-18
                -----------------------------------------------------
                Jim Sterne www.targeting.com +1-805-965-3184
                President, www.WebAnalyticsAssociation.org

                -----------------------------------------------------------
                Emetrics Summit, Web Analytics Conference
                www.emetrics.org
                Santa Barbara, April 18 - 20 SOLD OUT
                London, 3-5 May
                Munich, May 23-24
                Washington D.C., October 16-18
                -----------------------------------------------------
                Jim Sterne www.targeting.com +1-805-965-3184
                President, www.WebAnalyticsAssociation.org


                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              • Eric Peterson
                Ironically I don t actually fly that much, at least not compared to Mr. Sterne. And, despite promising my wife I would ** never ** write another book, another
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 3, 2006
                  Ironically I don't actually fly that much, at least not compared to
                  Mr. Sterne. And, despite promising my wife I would ** never ** write
                  another book, another idea has been percolating ...

                  ... no, not a travel book, although I am planning to learn a lot about
                  D.C. this Wednesday from the 45 people planning to attend Web
                  Analytics Wednesday (shameless plug:
                  http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/wednesday/ to sign up, WAA is
                  buying the first round, Emetrics the second)

                  Hey Jim, as long as I have you on the line:

                  -----> WHO WON THE WAA BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTIONS?!?!

                  I ask since my friend Clint Ivy ran and he's about to go on vacation
                  and the suspense is killing him.

                  Anyway, don't anyone tell my wife I'm writing another book and I'll
                  see a bunch of you Wednesday night in Arlington, D.C.

                  Eric T. Peterson
                  Moderator, Author, Visual Sciences Employee




                  --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Jim Sterne <jsterne@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > At 07:33 PM 4/2/2006, Seby Kallarakkal wrote:
                  > >Since I bought Eric's book online, Amazon offered me discount on
                  this book
                  > >called "Ramble: A field guide to the U.S.A" :) And yes, the
                  author's name is
                  > >Eric peterson.....
                  >
                  > Have you seen Eric's frequent flyer statement?
                  > He could write one a week!
                  >
                  > -----------------------------------------------------------
                  > Emetrics Summit, Web Analytics Conference
                  > www.emetrics.org
                  > Santa Barbara, April 18 - 20 SOLD OUT
                  > London, 3-5 May
                  > Munich, May 23-24
                  > Washington D.C., October 16-18
                  > -----------------------------------------------------
                  > Jim Sterne www.targeting.com +1-805-965-3184
                  > President, www.WebAnalyticsAssociation.org
                  >
                  > -----------------------------------------------------------
                  > Emetrics Summit, Web Analytics Conference
                  > www.emetrics.org
                  > Santa Barbara, April 18 - 20 SOLD OUT
                  > London, 3-5 May
                  > Munich, May 23-24
                  > Washington D.C., October 16-18
                  > -----------------------------------------------------
                  > Jim Sterne www.targeting.com +1-805-965-3184
                  > President, www.WebAnalyticsAssociation.org
                  >
                  >
                  > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                  >
                • Bryan E.
                  Eric, I could tell you who won but I would have to ---- you. I ll let you use your imagination for the blanks. Fact is Jim and I will be contacting the winners
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 4, 2006
                    Eric,

                    I could tell you who won but I would have to ---- you. I'll let you
                    use your imagination for the blanks. Fact is Jim and I will be
                    contacting the winners this week. Maybe even later today from Ad:tech
                    in Cincinnati. What I can tell you is that everyone except one person
                    who ran made it onto the board.

                    Thanks,
                    Bryan Eisenberg



                    --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Peterson"
                    <eric.peterson@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > Ironically I don't actually fly that much, at least not compared to
                    > Mr. Sterne. And, despite promising my wife I would ** never ** write
                    > another book, another idea has been percolating ...
                    >
                    > ... no, not a travel book, although I am planning to learn a lot about
                    > D.C. this Wednesday from the 45 people planning to attend Web
                    > Analytics Wednesday (shameless plug:
                    > http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/wednesday/ to sign up, WAA is
                    > buying the first round, Emetrics the second)
                    >
                    > Hey Jim, as long as I have you on the line:
                    >
                    > -----> WHO WON THE WAA BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTIONS?!?!
                    >
                    > I ask since my friend Clint Ivy ran and he's about to go on vacation
                    > and the suspense is killing him.
                    >
                    > Anyway, don't anyone tell my wife I'm writing another book and I'll
                    > see a bunch of you Wednesday night in Arlington, D.C.
                    >
                    > Eric T. Peterson
                    > Moderator, Author, Visual Sciences Employee
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Jim Sterne <jsterne@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > At 07:33 PM 4/2/2006, Seby Kallarakkal wrote:
                    > > >Since I bought Eric's book online, Amazon offered me discount on
                    > this book
                    > > >called "Ramble: A field guide to the U.S.A" :) And yes, the
                    > author's name is
                    > > >Eric peterson.....
                    > >
                    > > Have you seen Eric's frequent flyer statement?
                    > > He could write one a week!
                    > >
                    > > -----------------------------------------------------------
                    > > Emetrics Summit, Web Analytics Conference
                    > > www.emetrics.org
                    > > Santa Barbara, April 18 - 20 SOLD OUT
                    > > London, 3-5 May
                    > > Munich, May 23-24
                    > > Washington D.C., October 16-18
                    > > -----------------------------------------------------
                    > > Jim Sterne www.targeting.com +1-805-965-3184
                    > > President, www.WebAnalyticsAssociation.org
                    > >
                    > > -----------------------------------------------------------
                    > > Emetrics Summit, Web Analytics Conference
                    > > www.emetrics.org
                    > > Santa Barbara, April 18 - 20 SOLD OUT
                    > > London, 3-5 May
                    > > Munich, May 23-24
                    > > Washington D.C., October 16-18
                    > > -----------------------------------------------------
                    > > Jim Sterne www.targeting.com +1-805-965-3184
                    > > President, www.WebAnalyticsAssociation.org
                    > >
                    > >
                    > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                    > >
                    >
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.