Tracking Codes Pass Through

  • designkidx
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
      hey everyone -

      first time poster here. we have a client who uses a third party
      reservation system and we'd like to be able to place a tracking code
      on their confirmation page. In your experience is this possible and
      will it maintain with the same visitor throughout their session to the
      third party system and finally record as a conversion?

      thanks

      BJ Cook
      digital marketing director
      digital-telepathy inc
      e: bj@...
    • thomas_pimental
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
        BJ,

        This is very doable (at least in Omniture) as long as the 3rd-party
        vendor is willing (and capable) of adding your tracking codes to their
        site. Make sure that all of your pages on the 3rd party site have your
        code and that the 3rd party site is listed in your internal site
        domain list in your code. If done properly, the traffic occurring on
        the 3rd-party site should be seamless with your site.

        Tom
        www.hackalytics.com

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "designkidx" <bj@...> wrote:

        > hey everyone -
        >
        > first time poster here. we have a client who uses a third party
        > reservation system and we'd like to be able to place a tracking code
        > on their confirmation page. In your experience is this possible and
        > will it maintain with the same visitor throughout their session to the
        > third party system and finally record as a conversion?
        >
        > thanks
        >
        > BJ Cook
        > digital marketing director
        > digital-telepathy inc
        > e: bj@...

      • Jason Palmer
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
          BJ,
          The only thing that I would add is that you want to make sure that you
          check your rules around visit sessionization. If you have your visit
          sessionization set to 30 minutes of inactivity to start a new session,
          and someone could potentially spend a lot of time in the reservation
          process on the 3rd party site, checking dates and pricing you may want
          to extend the sessionization logic definition beyond the 30 minutes to
          accommodate.

          Jason Palmer
          VP Products
          WebTrends