RE: [webanalytics] Desire Help Breaking Into the European Web Analytics Market

  • jon.bovard@bt.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      there is an incredible shortage of Web analytics professionals in
      Europe, especially in the UK and even more specifically in London and
      the M4 corridor

      I would suggest you have very good chance of securing work here at the
      moment, although EU working rights help a lot.
      There are companies that can get you a work permit (even as a
      contractor) but you need a job offer first.

      Not sure about Eastern Europe. I don't think the economy there can
      generally facilitate/afford the demand for high end web analytics costs.

      I would suggest 3 things

      1) are you prepared to pay your own relocation costs?
      2) have you been to London before? Are you prepared for the cost and
      culture shock of extremely rude people? ;)
      2) do you really really like cold weather?? :) Its below zero in London
      today!

      Regards
      Jon

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
        Hi Jon,

        I very much appreciate your feedback. That's good to know. I've
        had 3 people respond with ideas that have been very helpful. To
        answer your questions:

        1. Yes, I was planning on taking care of my relocation costs. If
        someone offers to help though, hey, I'll take the help. :)

        2. I have not been to London but have lived in a few large cities
        and traveled abroad, including Scotland. I am in fact okay with the
        culture shock... While certainly challenging, I think it would be a
        great experience.

        3. I am a Californian and so cold weather to me isn't what cold
        weather is to others :) However, I have lived in Cleveland during
        their worst winter in a 100 years. That was pretty darn cold. And
        I've been to Scotland in February which isn't exactly tourist
        season :)

        Ultimately, I am prepared to do what I have to in order to work and
        live in Europe.

        Thanks again for the feedback.

        Sinjin Maloney
        sinjinmaloney@...