Looking for WA product recommendation

  • cheitman
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2005
      I'm new to this group and to web analytics in general; however, I've
      read Eric's books and I'm eager to learn. After scanning many of the
      past 4600+ posts, it's clear that a great deal of expertise exists
      here. Perhaps your experience will help me to avoid choosing a
      product that I'll later regret.

      My primary goal is to intelligently manage paid search campaigns
      involving several thousand keywords on multiple search engines. I
      prefer a software solution that relies on web log files. I have
      experience with server-side scripting for Active Server Pages running
      on our Windows/IIS 6.0 server. I plan on using the
      Response.AppendtoLog method as Eric suggests in Hack #49 to add
      transactional detail to the log files. I've reviewed the on-line demo
      for WebTrends-Small Business but I'm wondering if there may be a
      better solution for managing paid search. Our budget is somewhat
      limited. The $895 cost for WebTrends-SB seems like a good value.

      A little background:
      We're currently outsourcing our entire search marketing effort but
      we're not satisfied with the ROI. Our current vendor seems to be
      running a black box campaign with little human intervention. We
      believe that a more "hands-on" approach combined with our extensive
      product knowledge may yield better results. We're a small (14 person)
      company that can't afford a full-time WA expert (yet). Managing this
      project means putting one more hat on top of the half dozen that I
      already wear, so I need a solution that doesn't have a two year
      learning curve.

      Thanks in advance,
      Chris Heitman