Web Analysis Compensation

  • Jennifer Cronan
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 25, 2005
      This may not be appropriate to ask but I don't know where else to turn to find the answers.  I am trying to pull together salary info. to turn into my employer for a market adjustment.  I have checked all the career sites I know (including monster.com, careerbuilder.com, hotjobs.com, salary.com, payscale.com) and I only have one example which won't be enough for me to make an argument for a raise.  Would any of you be able to share with me a base salary range for a Web Analysts that has 3+ years experience?  I would only be presenting it to my boss and human resourses, and I can keep the company/source confidential.  My personal email address is jencronan@... .

      It's greatly appreciated anything that you might be able to provide me with, even if its another website that has a salary range posted.

      Thank You,
      Jennifer Patterson
    • seanva70
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 25, 2005
        I, too, would be very interested in your findings. Please feel free
        to e-mail me at seanva @ yahoo.

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Cronan

        is jencronan@s... .

        > It's greatly appreciated anything that you might be able to
        provide me with, even if its another website that has a salary range
        posted.

        > Thank You,
        > Jennifer Patterson

      • seanva70
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 25, 2005
          Sorry, meant seanva70 at yahoo.

          <jencronan@s...> wrote:

          > This may not be appropriate to ask but I don't know where else to
          turn to find the answers. I am trying to pull together salary info.
          to turn into my employer for a market adjustment. I have checked
          all the career sites I know (including monster.com,
          careerbuilder.com, hotjobs.com, salary.com, payscale.com) and I only
          have one example which won't be enough for me to make an argument
          for a raise. Would any of you be able to share with me a base
          salary range for a Web Analysts that has 3+ years experience? I
          would only be presenting it to my boss and human resourses, and I
          can keep the company/source confidential. My personal email address
          is jencronan@s... .

          > It's greatly appreciated anything that you might be able to
          provide me with, even if its another website that has a salary range
          posted.

          > Thank You,
          > Jennifer Patterson

        • Mike Keyes
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 25, 2005

            In my previous life I was a chemist. Each year the American Chemical Society would survey its members about salary and experience and publish the results. The results were eagerly awaited by us grad students as confirmation that we weren’t completely wasting our time.

            Anyway, is this something that the WAA could/should do?  Is there someone from the Research Committee who could comment on whether something like this is already in the works?

            (and yes, I volunteer to help if someone isn’t already doing it...)

            mike keyes::ciceron::612.204.1919 ex.40
            Get Web Results -- Our web marketing newsletter
            http://www.ciceron.com/enews.asp

[...]

            CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). The information contained in this message may be proprietary and/or confidential. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

          • J Pascual
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 25, 2005
              Hi Jennifer,

              I feel your pain and as you can tell, you are not
              alone.
              I don't know if this will help, but I've used it.
              Jupiter had a Webinar back in May and it made a
              reference to salary and web analytics.
              You can go to:

              http://www.jupiterwebevents.com/_archives/2005/webevent_04-12-05/20050412/stdplayer/frameset.htm
              If you do find more information and you have the time,
              please forward your findings to: jpascua1@...

              --- Jennifer Cronan <jencronan@...> wrote:

              > This may not be appropriate to ask but I don't know
              > where else to turn to find the answers. I am trying
              > to pull together salary info. to turn into my
              > employer for a market adjustment. I have checked
              > all the career sites I know (including monster.com,
              > careerbuilder.com, hotjobs.com, salary.com,
              > payscale.com) and I only have one example which
              > won't be enough for me to make an argument for a
              > raise. Would any of you be able to share with me a
              > base salary range for a Web Analysts that has 3+
              > years experience? I would only be presenting it to
              > my boss and human resourses, and I can keep the
              > company/source confidential. My personal email
              > address is jencronan@... .
              >
              > It's greatly appreciated anything that you might be
              > able to provide me with, even if its another website
              > that has a salary range posted.
              >
              > Thank You,
              > Jennifer Patterson

              __________________________________
              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Eric Peterson
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 25, 2005
                Sorry, I'm just seeing this now, my bad. I recently gave a webinar in
                which I presented some of the salary research I gleaned from
                interviews with members of this community and a sample of nearly 250
                companies that put the average web data analyst salary, without regard
                to geography and experience, at a hair over $81,000 annually.

                You can see the slide and hear my speaking points at
                http://www.jupiterwebevents.com/webcasts/ibm_oct20.html (free but
                requires registration.)

                In my experience, entry level positions (e.g., little or no working
                experience) are paying somewhere between half and two-thirds of that
                number and experienced analysts (e.g., three or more years of
                experience with more than one market leading application) are getting
                anywhere from a quarter to a third more. This is anecdotal but I talk
                to lots of people doing this kind of work.

                Unfortunately, I very rarely talk to anyone who has been able to take
                this data back to "the man" and get a significant raise. Usually
                getting into alignment requires jumping ship. Fortunately, Indeed.com
                has a list of open positions that is pretty complete (view at
                http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/job_list.asp) and the WAA has a
                short list as well.

                I'm hoping to survey you folks early next year and gather more
                granular data (if you'll let me).

                Best of luck with your negotiations.

                Eric Peterson

                confidential. My personal email address is jencronan@s... .

                > It's greatly appreciated anything that you might be able to provide
                me with, even if its another website that has a salary range posted.

                > Thank You,
                > Jennifer Patterson

              • jennifercronan
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 27, 2005
                  I wanted to thank everyone for their resource suggestions! I am
                  currently working on combining all of the public findings and I will
                  send it out to everyone once its complete.

                  Thanks Again!
                  -Jen

                  <jencronan@s...> wrote:

                  > This may not be appropriate to ask but I don't know where else to
                  turn to find the answers. I am trying to pull together salary info.
                  to turn into my employer for a market adjustment. I have checked
                  all the career sites I know (including monster.com,
                  careerbuilder.com, hotjobs.com, salary.com, payscale.com) and I only
                  have one example which won't be enough for me to make an argument
                  for a raise. Would any of you be able to share with me a base
                  salary range for a Web Analysts that has 3+ years experience? I
                  would only be presenting it to my boss and human resourses, and I
                  can keep the company/source confidential. My personal email address
                  is jencronan@s... .

                  > It's greatly appreciated anything that you might be able to
                  provide me with, even if its another website that has a salary range
                  posted.

                  > Thank You,
                  > Jennifer Patterson

                • Zachariah Freitas
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 27, 2005
                    Here's one more good resource on this issue. Jupiter Research has a
                    research paper called "WEB ANALYTICS - Framework for Using Data to
                    Drive Business Success" by Eric T. Peterson. It's a great article
                    about several things on of which is the market rate for web analysts
                    out there dependant upon the number of FTE's the business has
                    employed. Give it a look I'm sure Eric will agree it's a good
                    read. It's proprietary information so I'm not allowed to reproduce
                    it with out the permission of Jupiter Research.

                    Zach Freitas

                    <jencronan@s...> wrote:

                    > I wanted to thank everyone for their resource suggestions! I am
                    > currently working on combining all of the public findings and I
                    will
                    > send it out to everyone once its complete.
                    >
                    > Thanks Again!
                    > -Jen
                    >

                    > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Cronan
                    > <jencronan@s...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > This may not be appropriate to ask but I don't know where else
                    > turn to find the answers. I am trying to pull together salary
                    info.
                    > to turn into my employer for a market adjustment. I have checked
                    > all the career sites I know (including monster.com,
                    > careerbuilder.com, hotjobs.com, salary.com, payscale.com) and I
                    only
                    > have one example which won't be enough for me to make an argument
                    > for a raise. Would any of you be able to share with me a base
                    > salary range for a Web Analysts that has 3+ years experience? I
                    > would only be presenting it to my boss and human resourses, and I
                    > can keep the company/source confidential. My personal email
                    address
                    > is jencronan@s... .
                    > >
                    > > It's greatly appreciated anything that you might be able to
                    > provide me with, even if its another website that has a salary
                    range
                    > posted.
                    > >
                    > > Thank You,
                    > > Jennifer Patterson

                  • Jennifer Cronan
                    Message 9 of 18 , Nov 1, 2005

                      Everyone, thank you all for your resource suggestions.  Here is a summary of what I was able to pull together regarding Web Analyst Compensation over the past two weeks.  If you would like the Power Point version please email me.  I will need to send it directly to you per its to large to send to the group email address.

                      -Jennifer Patterson

                    • jennifercronan
                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 1, 2005
                        Lets try this again, here are the categories below (if you would
                        like the power point version with the details please email me)

                        Date Found Online
                        Source
                        Job Title
                        Company
                        Base Salary Range
                        URL of Listing

                        10/18/2005
                        Salary.com
                        Ecommerce Marketing Analyst
                        Michigan Based Position
                        $62,721 - $82,054
                        www.salary.com

                        10/25/2005
                        Jupiterwebcast - Web Analytics
                        Web Analytics
                        Nation Wide Position, 0-2 full time employees
                        $83,058
                        http://www.jupiterwebevents.com/webcasts/ibm_oct20.html

                        10/18/2005
                        Monster.com
                        Online Advertising Analyst
                        OtterBase
                        $52,000 - $72,800
                        http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=35323290&AVSDM=2005%
                        2D10%2D14+11%3A12%
                        3A41&Logo=1&pg=3&lid=470&fn=2&fn=8&fn=12&fn=546&fn=545&fn=3&fn=554&fn
                        =9008&sort=dt&vw=b&cy=US&brd=1,128,1862,1863

                        10/25/2005
                        Monster.com
                        Web/Retail Analyst
                        AQUENT
                        $52,000
                        http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=35706105&AVSDM=2005%
                        2D10%2D24+08%3A08%
                        3A35&Logo=1&pg=10&q=web&fn=8&fn=554&sort=dt&vw=b&cy=US&brd=1,128,1862
                        ,1863

                        10/25/2005
                        Monster.com
                        Analyst Sr. Web Metrics First Data Corporation 2
                        $42,100 - $78,800
                        http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob.asp?JobID=35647384&AVSDM=2005%
                        2D10%2D21+09%3A32%
                        3A35&Logo=1&pg=15&q=web&fn=8&fn=554&sort=dt&vw=b&cy=US&brd=1,128,1862
                        ,1863

                        10/26/2005
                        DiversityIncCareers.com
                        Web Reporting and Analytics Specialist
                        MetLife
                        $74,000 - $90,000
                        http://diversityinc.careercast.com/texis/jobsearch/details.html?
                        id=435dc9426d6a0

                        10/25/2005
                        Hotjobs.com
                        Statistical Marketing Analyst
                        Smith Hanley Consulting
                        $60,000 -$ 85,000
                        http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/jobseeker/jobsearch/job_detail.html;_ylt=Asg
                        bW86rc2u5JWeMHoQ2exf6Q6IX?job_id=J598525UE&search_url=%2Fjobseeker%
                        2Fjobsearch%2Fsearch_results.html%3Fkeywords_all%3Dweb%2Banalyst%
                        26type%3Dmain%26metro_area%3D1%26industry1%3DMAR%26country1%3DUSA%
                        26page_number%3D2%26order_by%3Drelevancy%26reverse_order%3D0%
                        26banded_display%3D1%26updated_since%3Dsixtydays%26related_titles%
                        3D4%26detailed_display%3D1%26pref_display%3D0%26intl%3Dus%
                        26save_recent%3D1&keywords_any=&keywords_all=web%
                        2Banalyst&keywords_phrase

                        10/25/2005
                        Careerbuilder.com
                        Web Metrics Analyst
                        Analytic Recruiting Inc.
                        $80,000 - $85,000
                        http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?
                        IPath=QHKT&job_did=J8H5FJ793VFDK5NGHY4&dv=dv&jrdid=&lpage=36&strcrit=
                        QID%3dA3848790338362%3bst%3dA%3buse%3dALL%3brawWords%3dweb+analyst%
                        3bCID%3dUS%3bSID%3d%3f%3bTID%3d0%3bENR%3dNO%3bDTP%3dDR3%3bYDI%3dYES%
                        3bIND%3dALL%3bPDQ%3dAll%3bJN%3dJN009%3bPAYL%3d0%3bPAYH%3dGT120%3bPOY%
                        3dNO%3bETD%3dALL%3bRE%3dALL%3bMGT%3dDC%3bSUP%3dDC%3bFRE%3d30%3bCHL%
                        3dAL%3bQS%3dSID_UNKNOWN%3bSS%3dNO%3bTITL%3d0%3bRAD%3d50%3bJQT%
                        3dRAD&sfascc=web+analyst&CiBookMark=1&jobcount=889&sname

                        10/25/2005
                        Careerbuilder.com
                        Sr. Marketing Analyst
                        Techlink Systems
                        $52,000 - $72,800
                        http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?
                        IPath=ILKT&job_did=J7X6CQ5ZHHT2BP54JBK&dv=dv&jrdid=&lpage=35&strcrit=
                        QID%3dA3848790338362%3bst%3dA%3buse%3dALL%3brawWords%
                        3dinternet+analyst%3bCID%3dUS%3bSID%3d%3f%3bTID%3d0%3bENR%3dNO%3bDTP%
                        3dDR3%3bYDI%3dYES%3bIND%3dALL%3bPDQ%3dAll%3bJN%3dJN009%3bPAYL%3d0%
                        3bPAYH%3dGT120%3bPOY%3dNO%3bETD%3dALL%3bRE%3dALL%3bMGT%3dDC%3bSUP%
                        3dDC%3bFRE%3d30%3bCHL%3dAL%3bQS%3dSID_UNKNOWN%3bSS%3dNO%3bTITL%3d0%
                        3bOB%3d-payhigh%3bJQT%3dRAD%3bNVJTL%3d%5e%22JN009%22%
                        24&sfascc=internet+analyst&CiBookMark=8&jobcount=864&sname

                        <jencronan@s...> wrote:

                        > Everyone, thank you all for your resource suggestions. Here is a
                        summary of what I was able to pull together regarding Web Analyst
                        Compensation over the past two weeks. If you would like the Power
                        Point version please email me. I will need to send it directly to
                        you per its to large to send to the group email address.

                        > -Jennifer Patterson

                      • Jane Emerson
                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 1, 2005
                          Thanks would you please forward. Regards, jane

                          Jennifer Cronan <jencronan@...> wrote:

                          Everyone, thank you all for your resource suggestions.  Here is a summary of what I was able to pull together regarding Web Analyst Compensation over the past two weeks.  If you would like the Power Point version please email me.  I will need to send it directly to you per its to large to send to the group email address.

                          -Jennifer Patterson

                        • Kay Luo
                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 1, 2005

                            Hi Jennifer,

                            Could you please send me the Powerpoint version?

                            Thanks!

                            -Kay

                            ~~~~~~~~

                            Kay Luo

                            Online Marketing Manager, Simply Hired

                            650.254.9000 ext. 119  ||  650.868.5586 cell

                            Everyone, thank you all for your resource suggestions.  Here is a summary of what I was able to pull together regarding Web Analyst Compensation over the past two weeks.  If you would like the Power Point version please email me.  I will need to send it directly to you per its to large to send to the group email address.

                            -Jennifer Patterson

                          • Zunaid Khan
                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 1, 2005
                              Hi Jennifer,
                              Can you please send me the Powerpoint?
                              Thanks,
                              Zunaid

                              --- Jennifer Cronan <jencronan@...> wrote:

                              > Everyone, thank you all for your resource
                              > suggestions. Here is a summary of what I was able
                              > to pull together regarding Web Analyst Compensation
                              > over the past two weeks. If you would like the
                              > Power Point version please email me. I will need to
                              > send it directly to you per its to large to send to
                              > the group email address.
                              >

                              > -Jennifer Patterson

                              __________________________________
                              http://farechase.yahoo.com
                            • Benjamin Burns
                              Message 14 of 18 , Nov 1, 2005
                                Hello Jennifer,

                                I would also be interested in the PP document, could
                                you also send a copy to beny_burns@...

                                Cheers!

                                --- Zunaid Khan <khanzunaid@...> wrote:

                                > Hi Jennifer,
                                > Can you please send me the Powerpoint?
                                > Thanks,
                                > Zunaid
                                >

                                > --- Jennifer Cronan <jencronan@...> wrote:
                                >

                                > > Everyone, thank you all for your resource
                                > > suggestions. Here is a summary of what I was able
                                > > to pull together regarding Web Analyst
                                > Compensation
                                > > over the past two weeks. If you would like the
                                > > Power Point version please email me. I will need
                                > > send it directly to you per its to large to send
                                > > the group email address.
                                > >

                                > > -Jennifer Patterson
                                > >

                                > __________________________________
                                > Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in
                                > one click.
                                > http://farechase.yahoo.com

                                __________________________________
                                http://mail.yahoo.com
                              • John Lee
                                Message 15 of 18 , Nov 1, 2005
                                  Hi Jenn,

                                  Please send me the Powerpoint version of your research.

                                  Thanks!

                                  John Lee
                                  saberneko@...

                                  <jencronan@s...> wrote:

> [...]
                                  > QID%3dA3848790338362%3bst%3dA%3buse%3dALL%3brawWords%
                                  > 3dinternet+analyst%3bCID%3dUS%3bSID%3d%3f%3bTID%3d0%3bENR%3dNO%
                                  3bDTP%
                                  > 3dDR3%3bYDI%3dYES%3bIND%3dALL%3bPDQ%3dAll%3bJN%3dJN009%3bPAYL%3d0%
                                  > 3bPAYH%3dGT120%3bPOY%3dNO%3bETD%3dALL%3bRE%3dALL%3bMGT%3dDC%3bSUP%
                                  > 3dDC%3bFRE%3d30%3bCHL%3dAL%3bQS%3dSID_UNKNOWN%3bSS%3dNO%3bTITL%3d0%
                                  > 3bOB%3d-payhigh%3bJQT%3dRAD%3bNVJTL%3d%5e%22JN009%22%
                                  > 24&sfascc=internet+analyst&CiBookMark=8&jobcount=864&sname
                                  >

                                  > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Cronan
                                  > <jencronan@s...> wrote:
                                  > >

                                  > > Everyone, thank you all for your resource suggestions. Here is
                                  > summary of what I was able to pull together regarding Web Analyst
                                  > Compensation over the past two weeks. If you would like the Power
                                  > Point version please email me. I will need to send it directly to
                                  > you per its to large to send to the group email address.

                                • Eric Peterson
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Nov 1, 2005
                                    Jenn, why don't you just send it to me (eric.peterson at gmail.com)
                                    and I'll post it for everyone to share. Sorry I didn't ask you this
                                    sooner.

                                    Eric Peterson

                                    --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "John Lee" <saberneko@y...> wrote:

> [...]
                                    > > QID%3dA3848790338362%3bst%3dA%3buse%3dALL%3brawWords%
                                    > > 3dinternet+analyst%3bCID%3dUS%3bSID%3d%3f%3bTID%3d0%3bENR%3dNO%
                                    > 3bDTP%
                                    > > 3dDR3%3bYDI%3dYES%3bIND%3dALL%3bPDQ%3dAll%3bJN%3dJN009%3bPAYL%3d0%
                                    > > 3bPAYH%3dGT120%3bPOY%3dNO%3bETD%3dALL%3bRE%3dALL%3bMGT%3dDC%3bSUP%
                                    > > 3dDC%3bFRE%3d30%3bCHL%3dAL%3bQS%3dSID_UNKNOWN%3bSS%3dNO%3bTITL%3d0%
                                    > > 3bOB%3d-payhigh%3bJQT%3dRAD%3bNVJTL%3d%5e%22JN009%22%
                                    > > 24&sfascc=internet+analyst&CiBookMark=8&jobcount=864&sname
                                    > >

                                    > > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Cronan
                                    > > <jencronan@s...> wrote:
                                    > > >

                                    > > > Everyone, thank you all for your resource suggestions. Here is
                                    > > summary of what I was able to pull together regarding Web Analyst
                                    > > Compensation over the past two weeks. If you would like the Power
                                    > > Point version please email me. I will need to send it directly to
                                    > > you per its to large to send to the group email address.

                                  • Melissa Cornwell
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Nov 25, 2005
                                      Did this ever get posted?

                                      On 11/1/05, Eric Peterson <eric.peterson@...> wrote:
> [...]

                                      > > 3dinternet+analyst%3bCID%3dUS%3bSID%3d%3f%3bTID%3d0%3bENR%3dNO%
                                      > 3bDTP%
                                      > > 3dDR3%3bYDI%3dYES%3bIND%3dALL%3bPDQ%3dAll%3bJN%3dJN009%3bPAYL%3d0%
                                      > > 3bPAYH%3dGT120%3bPOY%3dNO%3bETD%3dALL%3bRE%3dALL%3bMGT%3dDC%3bSUP%
                                      > > 3dDC%3bFRE%3d30%3bCHL%3dAL%3bQS%3dSID_UNKNOWN%3bSS%3dNO%3bTITL%3d0%
                                      > > 3bOB%3d-payhigh%3bJQT%3dRAD%3bNVJTL%3d%5e%22JN009%22%
                                      > > 24&sfascc=internet+analyst&CiBookMark=8&jobcount=864&sname
                                      > >

                                      > > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Cronan
                                      > > <jencronan@s...> wrote:
                                      > > >

                                      > > > Everyone, thank you all for your resource suggestions.  Here is
                                      > > summary of what I was able to pull together regarding Web Analyst
                                      > > Compensation over the past two weeks.  If you would like the Power
                                      > > Point version please email me.  I will need to send it directly to
                                      > > you per its to large to send to the group email address.

                                      http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/OIFolB/TM

                                         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                    • Eric Peterson
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Nov 25, 2005
                                        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Melissa Cornwell
                                        <melissa.cornwell@g...> wrote:

                                        Sorry, yes. The compensation research that Jenn did and a handful of
                                        other documents are available at:

                                        The salary research PPT is called "Web Marketing Analyst Salary
                                        Research Sources.ppt"

                                        All the best,

                                        Eric Peterson