Re: two job openings in NYC

  • steven_englander
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2005
      Thanks JT,

      Jonathan and I used to work with each other at an e-commerece visual
      merchandising company, where he did a tremendous job on integrating
      the Omniture SiteCatalyst suite for use in the company's proprietary
      tool.

      I appreciate the assistance in locating qualified candidates for
      these two positions. Please do contact me once you've had a chance
      to review the job descriptions. We are seeking local candidates for
      full time employment. The salary is on target, and there are many
      perks to the job!

      Thanks,
      Steve :)

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Taqqu" <jt@e...> wrote:

      > Hello all,
      >
      > After the recent questions about whether qualified web metrics
      analysts are
      > in demand or unemployed, here are two positions available in NYC.
      The
      > company is the largest industrial product catalog aggregator in the
      world.
      > Apparently, they have been having a hard time finding the right
      people for
      > these positions.
      >

      > If interested, please contact Steven Englander at senglander@g...
      and
      > mention that you saw the job on this email list.
      >

      > - Jonathan
      >

      > JOB DESCRIPTION
      >
      > POSITION: Web Metrics Analyst
      >
      > REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Audience Development
      >
      > SUMMARY: Responsible for ensuring that all metrics for CLIENT
      Websites are
      > consistent across application areas to enable meaningful analyses
      designed
      > to inform an overall development and go-to-market strategy. Works
      directly
      > with the Executive Director, Audience Development to develop and
      report
      > accurate and meaningful metrics. Position will interact with all
      facets of
      > the company management.
      >
      > SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
      >
      > 1. Manage the ongoing web metrics and tracking function:
      > . Acquires full understanding of site architecture and page
      > construction and works with site developers to ensure that all
      sites are
      > tagged and are tracking correctly.
      > . Defines and manages testing and testing methodologies and
      > technologies.
      > . Manages the overall budget and spending for metrics and
      reporting.
      > . Leads analytic projects and ensures high quality
      deliverables.

      > 2. Manage the reporting function:
      > . Develops and manages reporting using --- portfolio of tools
      to be
      > named.
      > . Develops and organizes reports and presentations
      illustrating
      > critical findings.
      > . Communicates with and disseminates information to
      appropriate
      > stakeholders.
      > . Collaborates with variety of stakeholders/metric user
      groups in the
      > ongoing development of scheduled reporting and the efficient
      production of
      > accurate ad-hoc reports.
      >
      > 3. Oversees systems networks
      > . Maintains familiarity with file structures and server
      network
      > configuration.
      > . Communicates with systems administrators to ensure that
      system and
      > server network stability and reliability is maintained.
      >
      > REQUIREMENTS:
      >
      > . Web Metrics related experience:
      > - Minimum 4 years experience in developing and managing Web Metrics
      in a
      > large company or consulting firm with a well-established (6 years
      minimum)
      > website.
      > - Expertise in collecting, interpreting, analyzing and reporting web
      > metrics.
      > - Experience with multiple web sites across several interconnected
      domains.
      > - Extensive experience with Web metric reporting tools, including
      WebTrends.
      > - Understanding of the technology (hardware, software, architecture)
      > involved with building and hosting web sites.
      > - Knowledge of web site design and its impact on the customer
      experience.
      > . Superb project management skills.
      > . Detail and accuracy oriented.
      > . Able to prioritize and manage several projects
      simultaneously in a
      > high-pressure business environment.
      > . Superior written and verbal communication skills - able to
      work and
      > communicate with all levels of management and with metric users at
      all
      > levels of technical/analytical expertise.
      > . Able to identify problems, trends and strategic
      opportunities and
      > then conceptualize, recommend and present appropriate action
      outlines to
      > management.
      > . BS/ BA degree
      >
      > ------------------
      >
      > JOB DESCRIPTION
      >
      > POSITION: Web Business Analyst
      >
      > REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Audience Development
      >
      > SUMMARY:
      > Responsible for ensuring that all metrics for traffic and usage of
      > NETWORK Websites are subject to ongoing, consistent and meaningful
      analyses
      > designed to inform an overall development and go-to-market
      strategy. Works
      > directly with the Executive Director, Audience Development to
      develop and
      > report accurate and meaningful metrics designed to support and
      enhance
      > business position. Position will interact with all facets of the
      company
      > management, and be highly visible with senior management.
      >
      > SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
      >
      > 1. Manages the data analysis and ongoing communication of
      performance
      > indicators to appropriate stakeholders.
      > . Develops and manages reporting using web tracking solution
      > (WebTrends Enterprise Suite) from both the reports portal and core
      > database/s
      > . Creates, organizes and delivers reports and presentations
      > illustrating critical findings
      > . Collaborates with variety of stakeholders/metric user
      groups in the
      > ongoing development of scheduled reporting and the effective
      production of
      > accurate ad-hoc marketing, usage and performance reports
      > . Interfaces regularly with management, marketing, sales and
      > development teams to understand key performance issues, development
      > initiatives and ensure reliable measurements to assess sites
      optimization to
      > business objectives
      >
      > 2. Engage in strategic analysis of web metrics data
      > . Responsible for completing in-depth analysis, providing
      marketing
      > intelligence, business intelligence to support development and go-
      to-market
      > strategies
      >
      > . Charged with offering recommendations to support business
      decisions
      > at both the tactical and strategic levels from an empirical base,
      as well as
      > defining and creating analyses that provide secure consideration
      sets for
      > same.
      > . Interprets data and provides recommendations for improving
      the user
      > experience
      > . Coordinates data mining and analytic efforts
      >
      > REQUIREMENTS:
      >
      > 1. Web Metrics related experience:
      > . Minimum 4 years experience in developing and managing a Web
      Metrics