Re: [webanalytics] International WAA commitee?

  • brian@omegadm.co.uk
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
      I have had similar problems trying to contact the WAA. I would
      be interested if you ever get a response...

      > I've tried twice to get any kind of response from WAA with regards to
      > their international committee, but it seems either they don't read
      > emails or the contact person will reject any email from someone working
      > at a competitor:
      >
      > http://www.webanalyticsassociation.org/en/cmt/?3
      >
      > Is there any other member of the international committee that
      > participates in this forum? Or is the international committee a one man
      > band?
      >
      > Rgds
      > Fulton

      Brian Clifton
      UK Urchin reseller http://www.omegadm.co.uk
    • Rufus Evison
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005

        Oddly enough I am currently talking to the WAA about possibly becoming part of the International committee. While this may not go ahead, or may take some time I am certainly in touch with the WAA and could try to pass on any queries. I am a recent arrival at this group, having watched it on and off for years, so I cannot promise to always be up to date on what happens here, but I can certainly liaise with the WAA on an informal basis.

        Hope this might be of some help,

        Rufus

        I have had similar problems trying to contact the WAA. I would
        be interested if you ever get a response...

        > I've tried twice to get any kind of response from WAA with regards to
        > their international committee, but it seems either they don't read
        > emails or the contact person will reject any email from someone working
        > at a competitor:
        >
        > http://www.webanalyticsassociation.org/en/cmt/?3
        >
        > Is there any other member of the international committee that
        > participates in this forum? Or is the international committee a one man
        > band?
        >
        > Rgds
        > Fulton

        Brian Clifton
        UK Urchin reseller   http://www.omegadm.co.uk

      • Sessa, Giuseppe
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
          Same for me. I tried to contact them but I never got a single reply.
          If any of you is more lucky, please let me know.

          Cheers,

          Giuseppe

          I have had similar problems trying to contact the WAA. I would
          be interested if you ever get a response...

          > I've tried twice
          to get any kind of response from WAA with regards to
          > their
          international committee, but it seems either they don't read
          > emails or
          the contact person will reject any email from someone working
          > at a
          competitor:

          href="http://www.webanalyticsassociation.org/en/cmt/?3">http://www.webanalyticsassociation.org/en/cmt/?3

          > Is there any other member of the international committee that

          participates in this forum? Or is the international committee a one man

          band?

          > Rgds
          > Fulton

          Brian Clifton
          UK Urchin reseller   http://www.omegadm.co.uk

        • bty665898
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
            Hi Fulton and Giuseppe

            I have! I'm a member of WAA and subscribe to the Educational and
            International committes (although I am not a committee member of
            either) and I will look into this for you.

            I know that Jim Novo reads this forum too and is the Educational
            Committee Co-Chair. I will try and contact Nick Sharp on your
            behalf and see wherein lies the problem.

            Regards
            Jill Barringer

            --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Sessa, Giuseppe" <gsessa@s...>
            wrote:
            > Same for me. I tried to contact them but I never got a single
            reply.
            > If any of you is more lucky, please let me know.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Giuseppe
            >
            > _____

            <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/webanalytics> " on the web.

            subject=Unsubscribe>

            > _____
          • Jim Sterne
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
              Hi Fulton -

              As the President of the WAA, let me assure you that
              the Association is alive and well and that the International
              Committee is too. So why the silence?

              Well, our International Committee powerhouse is Nick Sharp
              (copied above) and Nick was recently on holiday. Just from
              that turn of phrase, you might be able to discern that he's
              from the UK. (Americans go on vacation.) And, not being
              an American, he takes more than three days in a row.

              PLUS, when he got back, he found the
              sign on his door at
              WebTrends had changed to Vice President and general manager,
              EMEA. So he's been a bit tied up accepting accolades and
              going to congratulatory parties, er, I mean taking over the
              responsibilities of his new role...

              So please stay tuned, Fulton and any others of you who have tried
              to get in touch with the WAA in the past, please do so again. I
              think you'll find we're up and running.... and you can always
              email me directly and keep me on my toes....

              At 10:50 PM 8/31/2005, webbanalys wrote:
              I've tried twice to get any kind of response from WAA with regards to
              their international committee, but it seems either they don't read
              emails or the contact person will reject any email from someone working
              at a competitor:

              http://www.webanalyticsassociation.org/en/cmt/?3

              Is there any other member of the international committee that
              participates in this forum? Or is the international committee a one man
              band?

              Rgds
              Fulton

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/OIFolB/TM

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Jim Sterne      Target Marketing of Santa Barbara
              Consultant, Author, Speaker on Website Success
              805-965-3184    www.targeting.com
              Emetrics Summit   www.emetrics.org
              President, Web Analytics Association
            • webbanalys
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 2, 2005
                Jim,
                Given Nick knows who I am since my Webtrends days a simple "I'll get
                back to you shortly" would have done the trick and shut me up. ;-)

                I can understand the massive confusion on finding his desk moved
                around the building in Staines, and the door sign changed from NotIQ
                to Webtrends. But while on your toes, could you send a reminder?
                Thanks!

                /F

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 2, 2005
                  Consider it done!