UBC/DAA Award of Achievement Program

  • tlowres
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2014

      Hi all. Thanks for letting me join this group and I hope you'll not mind me asking, has anyone had experience of taking this course offered by the DAA? If so would you recommend it to someone who is trying to break into this field in the UK. Perhaps you know of a more suitable course or would recommend getting more 'hands on' experience?

      Thanks for any help,

      Tom

    • Jim Sterne
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8, 2014

        Hi Tom -

        Yes, as the Board Chair of the Digital Analytics Association, I am biased,
        so I'll let others tell you how perfect the UBC/DAA course is for you.

        To your point about getting more 'hands on' experience... check out
        http://www.webanalyticsdemystified.com/ae/

        The Analysis Exchange is an effort to dramatically increase the number of people on Earth
        doing web analytics the right way. We provide free web analytics consulting to non-profits
        and NGOs around the world and our projects take less than our weeks to complete.

        Run entirely by Web Analytics Demystified, The Analysis Exchange is creating an entirely
        new way to teach digital measurement best practices by connecting great causes with
        experienced mentors and motivated students,

           Jim Sterne jsterne@...
          +1 805 965 3184 x 4
          Founder eMetrics Summit http://www.emetrics.org/
          Author  Social Media Metrics  http://bit.ly/SocialMetrics
          Chairman Digital Analytics Association

          http://www.digitalanalyticsassociation.org

          Blog  http://www.emetrics.org/blog

          @jimsterne http://twitter.com/jimsterne

        Hi all. Thanks for letting me join this group and I hope you'll not mind me asking, has anyone had experience of taking this course offered by the DAA? If so would you recommend it to someone who is trying to break into this field in the UK. Perhaps you know of a more suitable course or would recommend getting more 'hands on' experience?

        Thanks for any help,

        Tom

      • derektaroberts
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 8, 2014

          Hi Tom,

          I completed the DAA's Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics last March, but have yet to put it to good use.  That probably has more to do with where I live than anything wrong with the program, which was enjoyable and informative.  Throw in a little experience with Google Analytics and it should be enough to break into the market.  I'd say to go for it!  :)

          BTW sign up for the Digital Analytics Association, because membership costs less than you'll be saving on course fees!

          Best regards,

          Derek
        • Tom Lowres
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 10, 2014
            Hi all. Thanks for your responses and advice. I've decided to go ahead with the intesive version of the course and then hopefully gain some experience using the Analytics Exchange. Looking forward to starting the course. Thanks again.

            Tom