Adobe Consultant vs Adobe Certified Expert

  • LFE4Life
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2014
      We're exploring the option of using a 3rd party agency (Adobe Certified Expert) to help us with our consulting needs.  Does anyone have experiences that they can share?

      We're hoping to get better response and more efficiency on our web analytics and Adobe issues.  I'm sure that the Adobe Certified Expert can't completely replace our Adobe Consultant since there's some tasks that require access to Adobe systems, but how much work can we expect to shift from Adobe Consultant to Adobe Certified Expert?

    • sibel
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2014
        If you really want somebody good you should get somebody who has completed at least 3-4 big implementations for different sectors and should have at least 3-4 years of experience..Certification does no prove anything, people sometimes memorize things and pass the test but Adobe implementation requires lots of experience, certification might be misleading .

        I have both certification and 6 years experience and did lots of big implementations and i can tell you certification test does not cover lots of important stuff you have toi know and it can not cover, there are so many details

        thanks
        sibel akcekaya

        On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 9:48 PM, lfe4life@... [webanalytics] <webanalytics@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        We're exploring the option of using a 3rd party agency (Adobe Certified Expert) to help us with our consulting needs.  Does anyone have experiences that they can share?

        We're hoping to get better response and more efficiency on our web analytics and Adobe issues.  I'm sure that the Adobe Certified Expert can't completely replace our Adobe Consultant since there's some tasks that require access to Adobe systems, but how much work can we expect to shift from Adobe Consultant to Adobe Certified Expert?

      • Patrick Mazzotta
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 9, 2014
          I echo Sibel's point. I'd go so far as to say there are consultants outside of Adobe who can perform at a higher level than some Adobe consultants.

          Bottom-line: know who you're getting into business with, and keep an exit clause handy so you can bounce to another provider if need be. Adobe does have a great team, but they certainly do not have a monopoly on talent.

          Patrick Mazzotta
          Co-Founder & CEO
          Craedone Inc.
        • craigdscribner
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 10, 2014

            On the plus side, the Adobe Analytics consulting team have access to each other’s experience and expertise, so they’ll be equipped with up-to-date best practices in most cases. On the other side, as Adobe employees, they’re not impartial about the toolset, i.e., not free to criticize an Adobe solution even when it’s deserved.

            Best regards,

            Craig

          • maxfatter123
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 17, 2014
              You should never think someone is competent enough just by their title.  If your Adobe expert is Adam Greco, I would pick him at anytime over any Adobe consultant.  Many former Adobe consultants with years of experiences went independent after leaving Adobe, and provided a level of services exceeding Adobe in-house consultant, I know many of them myself, experienced consultants are expensive, but they are worth it.  On the other hand, there are 'fake' consultant out there, label themselves as 'certified', simply because they passed a the certification exam.  On the Adobe side, they've been hiring people from India cheap, and training them to be a consultant, which I question the level of service they are able to provide.  If you are getting an Adobe consultant from Utah, you are likely getting a good one.

              So always check their records, client history, and ask them to provide client references.