Integrating digital analytics framework with a new CRM/WCM - There must be something out there!

  • Leticia Colon
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18 7:55 PM
      Hi

      There is a common misconception in digital analytics among non analysts is that the only thing you need to add on a new site or on the CMS/WCM is add the lovely Google Analytics code and that's it! If life was that simple...

      So as Digital Analytics/Insights professionals, we know we need to create a strategy and web analytics/digital ecosystem measurement framework to best integrate these platforms and measure success!

      As I am researching on best practices to implement a web analytics (platform agnostic) framework for a future new enterprise CRM/WCM platform (platform agnostic) - overall and in the template level, I hardly find any information online or from vendors or gurus or experts on this topic. A TMS will be implemented down the road so I want to start thinking of a pre-TMS and a post-TMS web analytics framework for the new CRM/WCM as well.

      Upon my research, I only found this great slideshare deck on slideshare by Amplexor - slidesha.re/1hV6Zo5 and one white paper by Sitecore. There must be more. I can't be the only Digital Insights/Analytics professional ever in this boat. Maybe I am discovering a new niche?

      I have almost every single popular book on web analytics and I don't see much content on web analytics integration with new CMS/WCM (with and without TMS) like Sitecore, IBM WCM or Vignette to name a few.  The web analytics I am talking about can be both log based (like WebTrends) and javascript (like Google Analytics or Coremetrics).

      I would love to hear your insights and experience in integrating web analytics with a new enterprise CRM/WCM and how this can be impacted by further implementation of a TMS; Customer Experience Management (CEM) platform like Tealeaf; and other caveats that are inherent in some WCM like templates or in IBM WCM portlets or multi-variate or A/B testing or personas in Sitecore.
      It be also great to hear stories of integrating web analytics with TMS and CRM/WCM that are not the same suite of products as the CRM/WCM.

      Also, if you know of a name of a third party research document (like Forrester or Gartner) or a blog post or white paper that touches on this topic, please do share the name or the link.

      Or maybe it is as simple as just dropping the simple javascript code to the CMS and work its magic....  But I don't believe so.

      Greatly appreciate your insights in advance.

      **Invite to all Data Story Tellers - do share your data story on this Linkedin group - linkd.in/1gI7kWS

      --
      Creed of Destiny- Thoughts leads to Words, Words, lead to Actions, Actions lead to Character, and Character leads to Destiny.
    • kumar roy
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 22 8:12 AM
        Hi

        Adobe offers Genesis. Through genesis integration you can integrate different customer response tool, survey tools, CRM.

        Best Regards
        Kumar
      • Joe Brown