Omniture: Filter evar values based on metrics

  • gitzes
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 26, 2014
      Hi Everyone,

      I am trying to create a list of Long Tailed Internal Search Keywords so I would like to filter on the evar that captures the keyword for only keywords with less than 10 instances.  Does anybody know if this is possible?  If so, how can I do it?  I did a google search and could not find what I am looking for.  Thank you in advance for your help.
    • David Ray
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 26, 2014

        If I understand your question, set up two eVars, one for the internal keywords, and a second that counts the results. You can then correlate the two by filtering the number of results by less than 10. We do the same for "failed keywords" by filtering search terms that contained 0 results.
        HTH, DR ;-)

        On Mar 26, 2014 2:05 PM, <gitzes@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > I am trying to create a list of Long Tailed Internal Search Keywords so I would like to filter on the evar that captures the keyword for only keywords with less than 10 instances.  Does anybody know if this is possible?  If so, how can I do it?  I did a google search and could not find what I am looking for.  Thank you in advance for your help.

      • Amanda
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 27, 2014
          Hi Everyone!

          Who is attending the Adobe Summit in Salt Lake City this week?
          I'm from Brazil and would be good to meet you guys.

          Best,
          Amanda
        • gitzes
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 27, 2014
            Hi David,

            Thank you for your reply.  I am not looking to filter based on the # of results displayed.  I am trying to filter based on the # of times that the Search Keyword was searched.  For instance, on a sporting goods site, Basketballs may have been searched many times, but Spalding Basketball X12 may have only been searched twice.  I would like to filter out generic terms like basketball and keep all of the more specific terms like Spalding Basketball X12 based on the # of instances of each keyword.
          • kings33
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 28, 2014
              I don't think you can do that inside SiteCatalyst
              The easiest thing to do is export the data into excel and do your filtering there.  If you had to have it inside SiteCat, then I would classify the keywords into types in SAINT, as "Generic" or "Long-Tail", and then import the classifications back in, and run my reports that way.

              Good Luck