Adding utm tags to Google campaigns

  • sibel
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2013
      HI guys
      I have a client who has been using GA and of course he can track Google campaigns automatically.
      BUt now we are going to install a new analytics product and because of that i want to add utm to Adwords links

      Did you find an easier way to do this? He says it will be trouble to add these parameters to the link all the time..Also adding new parameter to thousands of links will be too much work

      I would appreciate if you could share your experience with us

      thanks
      sibel
    • Allen Zhao
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2013
        Hi Sibel,

        I don't know the tool you are about to use, but does it have the feature to import the GA format/rules of parameters into the system and make it compatible? If it does have it, then you don't have to add the parameters themselves to the links all the time.

        I would love to help out further if it's still unclear.

        All the best,
        Allen

        Allen Zhao / Marketing Division

        Mobile: 0086-18618349484
        Skype: allenisnotaken
        http://www.miapex.com

        Facebook Twitter Linkedin

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2013
          Hı Allen
          Thanks for your help.
          It is OMniture, yes i can use UTM but we have to add tags manually for each campaign. that's the challenge

          thanks
          sibel

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013
            Hi Sibel, just talked to the former consultant of Omniture and he said indeed you'll need to do that manually for each campaign......

            I think there're some other tools that are compatible GA utm rules, which enable you to batch import easily, have you tried? Please forgive that this may sound like I'm selling our own stuff, but it's true that our tool is compatible with GA utm and I think you should give it a try - www.miapex.com.

            For the moment I don't know of other tools which have such compatibility, but I'll definitely let you know them once I find some information soon.

            Hope all helps.

            All the best,
            Allen

            On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 4:10 AM, sibel <airsibel@...> wrote:

[...]

          • mohitjain01
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2013

              Hi Sibel,

              I think the solution can be developed by using Google Adwords ValueTrack feature (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375447?hl=en) and capturing values in Omniture using getQueryParam plugin or either by classifying it using Saint later.

              This is not a full package but might reduce some work.

              Thanks,

              Mohit

              www.digitalks.me