Setting up Site Search in Google Analytics

  • primzahl1877
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 6, 2013

      Hello all,

      I am running a B2B company website and an intranet, both based on Sharepoint. Both pages can be searched on the page. I have set up the view settings in GA to "Track Site search" in a test view, more or less two weeks ago. I also performed several searches on the pages to determine the parameters. According to the description in the Help Menu these parameters are the ones before the = sign. These are k, cs and u.

      However, in the GA Site Search data, it does not track any data! If I go instead to the content drilldown, I can see however that there have been searches performed because I can filter them out. Of course, this should not be the correct way to do it.

      What specifications am I missing. Any ideas?

      Alexandra

    • Allaedin Ezzedin
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2013
        Hi Alexandra,

        How many site search modules do you have in your site?
        Would you please share with us one of the site search result page URLs?

        Note:
        1. Insure enabling the "Site search Tracking” feature (Administration › Reporting View Settings)
        2. Use commas to separate between parameters
        3. Insure you are using in GA the exact case for the query parameters. Site search in GA is case insensitive

        Good luck,

        -Allaedin Ezzedin-

        Senior Web Analyst | E-Nor Inc.

        408.988.0003 x 114 | @AllaedinEzzedin | LinkedIn | Google+

        From: <a.th.sokolowski@...>
        Date: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM
        To: "webanalytics@yahoogroups.com" <webanalytics@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [webanalytics] Setting up Site Search in Google Analytics

        Hello all,

        I am running a B2B company website and an intranet, both based on Sharepoint. Both pages can be searched on the page. I have set up the view settings in GA to "Track Site search" in a test view, more or less two weeks ago. I also performed several searches on the pages to determine the parameters. According to the description in the Help Menu these parameters are the ones before the = sign. These are k, cs and u.

        However, in the GA Site Search data, it does not track any data! If I go instead to the content drilldown, I can see however that there have been searches performed because I can filter them out. Of course, this should not be the correct way to do it.

        What specifications am I missing. Any ideas?

        Alexandra

      • Alexandra Sokolowski
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2013
          Hello Allaedin,
          What do you mean by module?

          The URL is www.telespazio-vega.de, however the URL of the intranet is not to be shared, it's an internal page.

          I confirm that the three points you mentioned have been enabled /followed correctly.

          Thanks or helping!
          Alexandra

          Von meinem iPhone gesendet