SC Interview Questions

  • Stephen Wagh
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 14, 2013
      Hello, I am attending an interview on SiteCatalyst and looking for sample interview questions. Could someone help?
    • kings33
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 15, 2013

        1) Explain the difference between a prop and an eVar, and when would you use each?

        2) How can you use eVar expiration to tell different data stories?

        3) Explain participation, how it works, and why it makes Page reports for success metrics so difficult to read?  What's a workaround that would let you see which actions happen on which page?

        4) Ever use SAINT Classification?  How did it help you tell a better story with data?

        ---In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, <stephen.wagh@...> wrote:

        Hello, I am attending an interview on SiteCatalyst and looking for sample interview questions. Could someone help?
      • gamerpatrick
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 15, 2013

          If you do a search through these posts, I believe this question (or it's likeness) has already been answered a few times.

          ---In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, <stephen.wagh@...> wrote:

          Hello, I am attending an interview on SiteCatalyst and looking for sample interview questions. Could someone help?
        • nirav mehta
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 17, 2013
            Hey Berger

            Can you provide a good explanation for
            Explain participation, how it works, and why it makes Page reports for success metrics so difficult to read?  What's a workaround that would let you see which actions happen on which page?

            Thanks

            --
            Best,

            Nirav
          • David Berger
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 18, 2013
              3) Explain participation, how it works, and why it makes Page reports for
              > success metrics so difficult to read?

              It's a common error for users to run page reports for success metrics, and not understand linear participation.
              If it takes 5 pages in the visit before you get to Success metric X, each page gets credit for 1/5th of the event in a page report.
              Then, if you set a specific metric for full participation, where each page gets a full 1, users want to know why the Page report shows 5 times as many Metric X as the Metric report.

              The whole issue of Page Participation can create some important reporting, but the usage is not intuitive to a lay business leader, nor a novice SC person.

              What's a workaround that would let
              > you see which actions happen on which page?
              Workaround is I like to copy the PageName into an extra eVar (last touch, visit expire).  It gives you a nice view of pages where events occur.  With the visit expire, you even get a view of events that occur from links on pages, because the page value remains persistent.

            • Warren Sander
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 18, 2013
                There was a discussion in the linkedin omniture enthusiasts group on the same subject.

                if you are a member of the group (or become one) you can see that discussion.

                On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 8:44 AM, David Berger <berger.david@...> wrote:

                3) Explain participation, how it works, and why it makes Page reports for
                > success metrics so difficult to read?

                It's a common error for users to run page reports for success metrics, and not understand linear participation.
                If it takes 5 pages in the visit before you get to Success metric X, each page gets credit for 1/5th of the event in a page report.
                Then, if you set a specific metric for full participation, where each page gets a full 1, users want to know why the Page report shows 5 times as many Metric X as the Metric report.

                The whole issue of Page Participation can create some important reporting, but the usage is not intuitive to a lay business leader, nor a novice SC person.

                What's a workaround that would let
                > you see which actions happen on which page?
                Workaround is I like to copy the PageName into an extra eVar (last touch, visit expire).  It gives you a nice view of pages where events occur.  With the visit expire, you even get a view of events that occur from links on pages, because the page value remains persistent.

                --
                -warren

                Warren Sander
                http://www.linkedin.com/in/warrensander