Page load time per domain on Google Analytics

  • postapervale
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2013

      Hi all,

      does any of you know if it’s possible to get on Google Analytics a report where the time load of a page is split into domains? This report should be similar to  the one available on Pingdom: Page analysis

      > Load time analysis > Time spent per domain as we would like to have a
      detailed view on load time for internal and external resources.

      I know the following tracking solution: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/user-timings but I think the maintenance is tricky because we have to add it to every single element of the page.

      Thanks in advance,

      Valentina

    • Craig Sullivan
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 26, 2013
        Hi,

        Of course - you can segment by hostname (include hostname = xxxx.xxx.com in the onpage filter) or set up an advanced segment to do the same.

        Alternatively, you can choose a secondary dimension of 'hostname' on the performance reports.

        One tip from me - if you look at page load time, ALWAYS look at the DOM timings - as these are more accurate than the overall page load time.

        Craig.

        --
        Craig Sullivan
        http://www.linkedin.com/in/craigsullivan

      • postapervale
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 27, 2013
          Hi Craig,
          thank you for you reply.
          Probably my issue wasn’t  clear. I provide you
          with an example of my request:

          The index page of my site contains, as usual, objects (jpe, gif, js, etc) coming from my domain (internal.com), and other objects coming from external domains (external1.com, external2.com) like for example tracking codes.

          Now I’d like to have for index page, total load time and also the time spent at each domains called from index page, as follow:

          -              Index page Total Load time =10 sec

          -              Time spent for domain internal.com =6 sec

          -              Time spent for domain external1.com=2 sec

          -              Time spent for domain external1.com=2 sec

          Thanks,

          Valentina