Re: [webanalytics] Splitting report suite views by segment to enable confidentiality

  • Warren Sander
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2013
      you are correct at least for sitecatalyst segments won't do the trick. You
      need a companyA report suite and a companyB report suite and for
      corporate/admin usage you might want an overall global report suite which
      is probably better than doing a rollup suite even though you have to paid
      for the secondary server calls. If you don't need overall combined
      reporting then forget the global suite.

      Now the SC admin can go and create group access to the companyA report
      suite(s) and a group for the companyB report suite(s) and make sure that
      whoever the Admin is only allows companyA in the companyA group etc. And
      you need to watch that closely because sometimes client care will create
      accounts with 'all report suite access' etc.

      Or you can do 2 separate companies for SiteCatalyst and that means
      completely separate everything and no cross-over at all unless you create a
      3rd global company and send your data to it also but that would be 2 full
      price server calls vs a full price and a 50% off one. And 3 full admin
      setups, copies of your s-code, duplicated processing rules and everything
      else so that doesn't sound like fun to do.

      For Google Analytics you could use different accounts or properties

      --
      -warren

      Warren Sander
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/warrensander