Re: [webanalytics] Re: Omniture SiteCatalyst - PageViews Formula ?

  • Raj Hadoop
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 31, 2013
      Hi Ken,

      Thanks again for the reply. I do not know which event is associated with the page view implementation. I will try to find out on that.

      Here are some of the fields I have in hit_data.tsv file related to Pages.
       PAGE_EVENT
      PAGE_EVENT_VAR1
      PAGE_EVENT_VAR2
      PAGE_EVENT_VAR3
      PAGENAME
      PAGE_TYPE
      PAGE_URL

      Do you think any of the above fields can be used ? Are the above fields not universal for Omniture SiteCatalyst or it depends on the implementaiton.

      Thanks,
      Raj

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 31, 2013
        The field you want is EVENT_LIST. It's in the query that I included in my original post.

        All events captured will be listed in that field.

        I would call adobe client care to get the event file.

        Thanks
        Ken

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@...> wrote:

        > Hi Ken,
        >
        > Thanks again for the reply. I do not know which event is associated with the page view implementation. I will try to find out on that.
        >
        > Here are some of the fields I have in hit_data.tsv file related to Pages.
        >  PAGE_EVENT
        > PAGE_EVENT_VAR1
        > PAGE_EVENT_VAR2
        > PAGE_EVENT_VAR3
        > PAGENAME
        > PAGE_TYPE
        > PAGE_URL
        >
        > Do you think any of the above fields can be used ? Are the above fields not universal for Omniture SiteCatalyst or it depends on the implementaiton.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Raj
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Raj Hadoop
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 31, 2013
          Got it. Thanks again.

          ________________________________
          The field you want is EVENT_LIST. It's in the query that I included in my original post.

          All events captured will be listed in that field.

          I would call adobe client care to get the event file.

          Thanks
          Ken

          --- In mailto:webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@...> wrote:

          > Hi Ken,
          >
          > Thanks again for the reply. I do not know which event is associated with the page view implementation. I will try to find out on that.
          >
          > Here are some of the fields I have in hit_data.tsv file related to Pages.
          >  PAGE_EVENT
          > PAGE_EVENT_VAR1
          > PAGE_EVENT_VAR2
          > PAGE_EVENT_VAR3
          > PAGENAME
          > PAGE_TYPE
          > PAGE_URL
          >
          > Do you think any of the above fields can be used ? Are the above fields not universal for Omniture SiteCatalyst or it depends on the implementaiton.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Raj
          >

          > ________________________________

        • gitzes
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 12, 2013
            Since Omniture collects information each time a page loads, wouldn't each line of information be a page view? If you wanted to do page views by evar1 couldn't you count the instances that evar1= 200007 or 200008?

          • gamerpatrick
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 13, 2013
              Nope. SiteCatalyst also fires on lots of events which are not page-views. That is a crazy-dangerous assumption to make!

              --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "gitzes" <gitzes@...> wrote:

              > Since Omniture collects information each time a page loads, wouldn't each line of information be a page view? If you wanted to do page views by evar1 couldn't you count the instances that evar1= 200007 or 200008?
              >
              > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Got it. Thanks again.
              > >

              > > ________________________________

            • Craig
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 14, 2013
                Last time I did a data feed project, I found page views by removing rows where the second column contained the value "pe", which signified that it was an on-click capture in Omniture, i.e., it used the s.tl() function instead of the standard s.t() function. Since s.tl() is incapable of incrementing page views, this is a pretty safe strategy.

                best regards,
                Craig

                --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "gamerpatrick" <pmazzotta@...> wrote:

                > Nope. SiteCatalyst also fires on lots of events which are not page-views. That is a crazy-dangerous assumption to make!
                >
                > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "gitzes" <gitzes@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Since Omniture collects information each time a page loads, wouldn't each line of information be a page view? If you wanted to do page views by evar1 couldn't you count the instances that evar1= 200007 or 200008?
              • Katy Norris
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 14, 2013
                  What does "pe" stand for?

                  Katy Norris | Director of Analytics | TakePart | T 310.246.7761 | C 323.683.6086 | IM katynorris15
                  331 Foothill Rd, 3rd Floor | Beverly Hills, CA 90210 | TakePart.com | ParticipantMedia.com

                  From: Craig <craigdscribner@...<mailto:craigdscribner@...>>
                  Date: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:52 AM
                  To: "webanalytics@yahoogroups.com<mailto:webanalytics@yahoogroups.com>" <webanalytics@yahoogroups.com<mailto:webanalytics@yahoogroups.com>>

                  --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com<mailto:webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>, "gamerpatrick" <pmazzotta@...> wrote:

                  > Nope. SiteCatalyst also fires on lots of events which are not page-views. That is a crazy-dangerous assumption to make!
                  >
                  > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com<mailto:webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>, "gitzes" <gitzes@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Since Omniture collects information each time a page loads, wouldn't each line of information be a page view? If you wanted to do page views by evar1 couldn't you count the instances that evar1= 200007 or 200008?

                • VaBeachKevin
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 15, 2013
                    I'm not 100% sure what it stands for, but I believe I was told that it stands for "Page Event". Regardless of what it exactly stands for, what its going to do is to define the types of image requests that were not page views. So the only time you will have a pe value is for custom link tracking, file downloads, exit links, video tracking calls, etc. Anything other than a page view call.

                    Kevin Rogers
                    @VaBeachKevin