Re: DAA Certification what course should I do?

  • Patrick Mazzotta
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 26, 2013
      Hi Jim,

      I'm teaching a course on analytics at McMaster this coming semester. It's
      an online program that isn't offiically DAA but would probably be good for
      forming a prepetory basis for the exam.

      http://www.mcmaster.ca/conted/programs/web-analytics/

      - Patrick Mazzotta

    • ju2ltd
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 26, 2013
        Jim,

        Thanks for the advice. I just want to take the opportunity to benchmark my skills against fellow professionals. I've had a look at the certification resources but still feel I would benefit from the course.

        Regards,

        Jim

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "jimnovo2" <jim@...> wrote:

        > The DAA Cert Test is a true certification, meaning it tests your ability to *do the job* over a wide set of circumstances, rather than what you can remember from courses and books. With 10 years experience, I'd expect you could pass without "studying" for the exam.
        >
        > That said, many analysts tend to specialize or be more familiar with certain areas than others, so may want to seek out education in those less familiar areas prior to taking the test. A good way to determine if this might be true for you is to download the Knowledge Required for Certification document here:
        >
        > http://www.digitalanalyticsassociation.org/?page=knowledge_required
        >
        > and review the topics to see if there are any areas you might want to brush up on. Then you can decide which, if any, courses you might want to take or books you might want to read, etc. to prep for test.
        >
        > Jim Novo
        > Managing Director of Education
        > Digital Analytics Association
        > jim@...
        >
        > Take the courses:
        > http://www.tech.ubc.ca/metrics/
        >
        > DAA Certification:
        > http://www.digitalanalyticsassociation.org/?page=certification
        >

        > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "ju2ltd" <jim@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am considering studying for the DAA certification but although I have over 10 years experience I would like to take a course before I sit the exam. What would you recommend. I was thinking of the UBC/DAA Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics is this suitable preparation?
        > >
        > > Jim.

      • ju2ltd
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 26, 2013
          Many thanks I am taking a look at the course.

          Jim.