Time on Site and Avg time on Sitecatalyst

  • gadamoli
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 17 1:31 PM
      hello,

      I have a question about TOS in SC.

      I have noticed that AVG time on site measured in minutes sometimes seems to be 'odd', by providing 1.85 (minutes), 3.61 minutes and so on especially for pages reports. Is this standard?

      Why would not just say 4.01 instead of 3.61?

      I contacted Omniture and I was told to check out this link http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/reference/index.html#Time_Spent__Site_Sections_Calculation_Example

      to get the answer but I still do not fully understand.

      Any clarification/suggestion is appreciated.

      Gin
    • VaBeachKevin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17 11:59 PM
        Those values are based off a 100 scale. When you see 3.61, that doesn't mean 3 minutes 61 seconds, but it means 3 minutes and 61 percent of another minute, or 3:36. So .50 really means 30 seconds, .25 really means 15 seconds, .75 means 45 seconds, and so on.

        Kevin Rogers
        @VaBeachKevin

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "gadamoli" <gadamoli@...> wrote:

        > hello,
        >
        > I have a question about TOS in SC.
        >
        > I have noticed that AVG time on site measured in minutes sometimes seems to be 'odd', by providing 1.85 (minutes), 3.61 minutes and so on especially for pages reports. Is this standard?
        >
        > Why would not just say 4.01 instead of 3.61?
        >

        > I contacted Omniture and I was told to check out this link http://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/reference/index.html#Time_Spent__Site_Sections_Calculation_Example
        >
        > to get the answer but I still do not fully understand.
        >
        > Any clarification/suggestion is appreciated.
        >
        > Gin

      • Warren Sander
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 18 5:18 AM
          Setup a calculated metric in time format to show minutes/seconds

          -warren
          Warren Sander
          http://www.linkedin.com/in/warrensander
          warrensander@...