Re: SiteCatalyst Reports Access Rights

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 17, 2013
      Harshil,

      In most situations, Omniture v15's instant segmentation more than fully replaces the type of work I used to do with ASI slots. But limiting permissions by segment is one case where I think the new product has fallen short of the old one's mark.

      I can't see any way to limit report access by segment now.

      best regards,
      Craig

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "harshil" <harshilshah_2004@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > I have sitecatalyst implemented on a B2B portal.
      > I have enabled segmentation by the visitor's company.
      > Now, Sitecatalyst access will be provided to few users of each company to see how visitors from their company are bahaving on B2B portal.
      >
      > I am segmenting reports by each company and saving as custom reports.
      > For eg - Key Metrics:Company X; Key Metrics:Company Y.
      >
      > Now, can I manage user access such that business users from company X can see only reports of their company visitors (custom reports saved by their company name - as shown in above e.g.)?
      >
      > Please help me with this soon.
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > Best Regards,
      > Harshil

    • adamgreco
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 17, 2013
        Harshil,

        In the admin area, you can lock down Success Event reports and sProp reports, but not eVar reports (not sure why)...

        Adam G

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "harshil" <harshilshah_2004@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I have sitecatalyst implemented on a B2B portal.
        > I have enabled segmentation by the visitor's company.
        > Now, Sitecatalyst access will be provided to few users of each company to see how visitors from their company are bahaving on B2B portal.
        >
        > I am segmenting reports by each company and saving as custom reports.
        > For eg - Key Metrics:Company X; Key Metrics:Company Y.
        >
        > Now, can I manage user access such that business users from company X can see only reports of their company visitors (custom reports saved by their company name - as shown in above e.g.)?
        >
        > Please help me with this soon.
        >
        > Thanks in advance.
        >
        > Best Regards,
        > Harshil

      • cjam_roxxx
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 17, 2013
          Harshil,

          Can those report recipients just get reports via email? The easiest way to manage access is to make them just be email report recipients vs. having login rights.

          If they need to login rights (and you want to keep user group x from seeing the data that user group y sees, for example), you could consider a VISTA rule that copies data from one report suite to another, based off the segmentation (say, if sProp1=CompanyX copies data from your primary report suite for all the B2B data to a report suite just for CompanyX, or sProp2=CompanyY copies data from your primary report suite for all the B2B data to a report suite just for CompanyY). There is a fee for both the VISTA rule and the extra report suite data copy (the rate for copied data via a VISTA rule is usually a "secondary server call" fee), however.

          Or you could do a BI sort of approach, and send data from your primary report suite for all the B2B data to a server in-house, and then send the data into a different reporting tool that you can then lock down based off your access requirements. Note here the cost to create this approach + then store & manage the in-house data copy for reporting access.

          - CJ @measurefuture