Custom commerce variable evar1-75

  • Raj Hadoop
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2013
      Hi,

      I got an Omniture Site Catalyst Web Log File ( hit_data.tsv). This file has lot of fields ( 400 + ) and I am trying to find one field Custom commerce variable evar20 out of these fields. The meta data document 'ClickStream Data Feeds' mentioned that evar1-75  are located between 385 to 460 when i did my math.

      But the actual field evar20 that I am looking for is it a different position ( at position 50 ) in the file. How to know the correct metadata of the Web Log File. Please advise.

      Thanks,
      Raj

    • Warren Sander
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2013
        You will find both the variable value and the 'post' variable value
        the values for evars etc are what came in during that server call. Any
        'post' values you see are the persistent values from previous server calls
        that set those values which haven't expired yet. As processing happens the
        value in 'evarx' will be moved into 'post evarx' and the clock will reset
        on how long that value persists.

        you should have gotten several files explaining the clickstream data. One
        is clickstreamdata.pdf which explains each column and what it means. I know
        it would be nice if they just put column headers on the file but they
        don't. But the pdf file has 1 row for each column in the hit_data.tsv file.

        Also there are other files like that have the conversion for timezones,
        languages, search engines etc. And the datafeedlookuptables.pdf that
        explain them

        make sure that adobe gives you all that documentation cause you need it.

        On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Raj Hadoop <hadoopraj@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi,
        >
        > I got an Omniture Site Catalyst Web Log File ( hit_data.tsv). This file
        > has lot of fields ( 400 + ) and I am trying to find one field Custom
        > commerce variable evar20 out of these fields. The meta data document
        > 'ClickStream Data Feeds' mentioned that evar1-75 are located between 385
        > to 460 when i did my math.
        >
        > But the actual field evar20 that I am looking for is it a different
        > position ( at position 50 ) in the file. How to know the correct metadata
        > of the Web Log File. Please advise.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Raj

        -warren

        Warren Sander
        http://www.linkedin.com/in/warrensander
        warrensander@...
        508 740 9316

      • Craig
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2013
          Warren is right: Adobe is supposed to give you a separate file for knowing what the data feed columns mean. Adobe data feeds have a variety of flavors which are configured differently on the back end for different clients, so that's why we can't just tell you what a specific column means.

          best regards,
          Craig

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 3, 2013
            and one more thing make sure you are sftp'ing your data feed. While Adobe
            doesn't want you to store Personally Identifiable Information you might
            have data coming back from Adobe that you don't want someone snooping on
            like revenue information etc. The SFTP service might still be a separate
            engineering solution but bring it up and try to get them to bundle it
            together with your data feed.