Re: Dynamic Report Suite Selection in Custom Link tracking

  • VaBeachKevin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 25 6:08 AM
      All you need to do is to remove var s=s_gi('rsid'); from the custom link code. With that gone, the custom link code will use whatever report suite was chosen for the page by the dynamic account selection code.

      Kevin Rogers
      @VaBeachKevin

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "harshil" <harshilshah_2004@...> wrote:

      > Hi Yogita,
      >
      > Thanks for your reply. Below is an example scenario you can refer to:
      >
      > My s_code.js file has dynamic account selection parameters set as
      > var s_account="suiteid0"
      > s.dynamicAccountSelection=true
      > s.dynamicAccountList="suiteid1=client.co.in;suiteid2=client.co.uk"
      >

      > Now in the page level script for suppose a products page,I have the following custom link code in the onClick handler:
      >
      > var s=s_gi('rsid');
      > s.linkTrackVars="eVar4,events";
      > s.linkTrackEvents="event1";
      > s.eVar4="my event";
      > s.events="event1";
      > s.tl(this,'o','my event');
      >
      > And I think(also proved by my testing results), here even though if in s_code.js, [suiteid1] is the selected report suite based on dynamic account selection codes, the custom link call will send data to [rsid] report suite.
      >
      > Can you please let me know how can I dynamically select report suite for custom link call?
      >
      > Thanks & Regards,
      > Harshil
      >
      > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Yogita Wadhwa <yogitawadhwa@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Harshil,
      > >
      > > If your s_code picks up report suite dynamically, your link tracking code on page level will pick up that RS_ID that s_code has picked up depending on the URL.
      > >
      > > Can you give an example/scenario  of your your requirement here, in case the above statement doesn't already answer your question.
      > >
      > > Best,
      > > Yogita

    • harshil
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 25 7:50 AM
        Thanks a lot Kevin.

        I need your help with one more thing here.

        For testing purpose, I have the tagged website pages and s_code.js file stored on my local drive and not hosted on web.

        Therein, my s_code.js has following code for dynamic report suite selection:

        var s_account="suiteid0"
        s.dynamicAccountSelection=true
        s.dynamicAccountMatch=window.location.pathname
        s.dynamicAccountList="rsdev=C:/Users/Harshil/Desktop/;rstest=C:/Users/Harshil/My Files/Test RS/"

        The dynamic selection doesn't seem to happen and my debugger shows [no requests] - no server calls being made.

        Please let me know what can be the possible error here? Is it that dynamic account selection does not work on webpages on local drive since there is no host name?

        Thanks in advance.

        Best Regards,
        Harshil

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "VaBeachKevin" <vabeachkevin@...> wrote:

        > All you need to do is to remove var s=s_gi('rsid'); from the custom link code. With that gone, the custom link code will use whatever report suite was chosen for the page by the dynamic account selection code.
        >

        > Kevin Rogers
        > @VaBeachKevin
        >

        > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "harshil" <harshilshah_2004@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Yogita,
        > >
        > > Thanks for your reply. Below is an example scenario you can refer to:
        > >
        > > My s_code.js file has dynamic account selection parameters set as
        > > var s_account="suiteid0"
        > > s.dynamicAccountSelection=true
        > > s.dynamicAccountList="suiteid1=client.co.in;suiteid2=client.co.uk"
        > >

        > > Now in the page level script for suppose a products page,I have the following custom link code in the onClick handler:
        > >
        > > var s=s_gi('rsid');
        > > s.linkTrackVars="eVar4,events";
        > > s.linkTrackEvents="event1";
        > > s.eVar4="my event";
        > > s.events="event1";
        > > s.tl(this,'o','my event');
        > >
        > > And I think(also proved by my testing results), here even though if in s_code.js, [suiteid1] is the selected report suite based on dynamic account selection codes, the custom link call will send data to [rsid] report suite.
        > >
        > > Can you please let me know how can I dynamically select report suite for custom link call?
        > >
        > > Thanks & Regards,
        > > Harshil
        > >
        > > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Yogita Wadhwa <yogitawadhwa@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi Harshil,
        > > >
        > > > If your s_code picks up report suite dynamically, your link tracking code on page level will pick up that RS_ID that s_code has picked up depending on the URL.
        > > >
        > > > Can you give an example/scenario  of your your requirement here, in case the above statement doesn't already answer your question.
        > > >
        > > > Best,
        > > > Yogita

      • Yogita Wadhwa
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 25 9:24 PM
          I agree with Kevin.

          If for whatever reason you wouldn't want to do that, capture the RSIDs in a variable after they have dynamically been assigned in s_code and pass that variable as a param in your link tracking (you might want to check that the variable will hold value for the on-page code).

          I still feel though that by removing the first line of code will take care of what you need to do.

          Cheers,
          Yogita