Google Analytics Campaign tags

  • D├ęcio Alexandre
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2013
      Hi guys.
      We are a game publisher company and we have a number of games and websites
      for each of them. We are changing the whole structure and navigation of our
      sites and that raised a lot of doubts here.

      Here is the scenario:

      1.Main company site
      +-- link to game landing page 1
      +-- link to game site 1
      +-- link to game landing page 2
      +-- link to game site 2
      +-- link to game landing page 3
      +-- link to game site 3
      +-- link to game landing page 4
      +-- link to game site 4
      and so on

      My question is how do we go about tracking the links between the sites?

      Each site is a different site and have a separate profile and number in
      Google Analytics. Our main goal is that people that come to the game site
      from the Company site, or from google Search, first land on the landing
      page. There, he has the choice of going to the game site, convert or leave.
      If its his second visit, instead of arriving on the landing page, he goes
      directly to the game site.

      So, what would be the best scenario?

      Have campaign tags placed on the links to the landing page and algo
      campaign tags on the link to the site?
      If so, that would distort Traffic sources stats for the game site, with
      a much higher number coming fom capaigns, right?

      Have only the links from the main site to the landingpage/gamesite tagged
      with campaign tags, so people that arrive from search engines directly on
      the landing page/site won't have it source changed?

      I don't know if this is clear enough, but would appreciate very much any
      help.

      Thanks
      Decio