Re: [webanalytics] [JOB] Junior Web Analyst (Contract Position)

  • Mariel
    Message 1 of 8 , May 10 11:55 AM
      I am a junior analyst and considered applying for this position. I choose not to because of my lack of experience with SiteCatalyst.

      The descriptions made it sounds more like a technical position.

      Good Luck!

    • Gabriele Endress-Balhiser
      Message 2 of 8 , May 10 1:31 PM
        Jay and Mariel,

        Ok thanks. I hadn't considered all that. My problem is I can't pay as high of a rate as I'd like to (which is why I labeled it as a junior position), and I don't have the time to train someone.

        If I dropped "Junior" off the title, what sort of rates do you think someone would expect to earn based on the job description? (I know it depends on region, but ball park?)

        Thanks!

        Gabi

        I agree with Mariel. As someone who is looking for to get into the field and looking at Jr. roles specifically because of lack of experience (however; plenty of professional finance experience), it seems more like a technical position and maybe not a Jr. role? (just my interpretation).

        Thanks
        Jay

        On May 10, 2013, at 10:33 AM, "Gabriele Endress-Balhiser" <mailto:gabriele%40endress-analytics.com> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > I'm not getting any nibbles on this job and I would love some feedback on my
        > job description? Am I expecting too much from a junior person?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Gabi

      • Sibel
        Message 3 of 8 , May 10 11:00 PM
          This job description requires somebody who are experienced in Omniture both in technical and business and it is a hard skill to find..Everybody is looking for that person, so supply is scarce compared to demand

          This kind of person's rate starts from 100 usd an hour

          Sent from my iPhone

        • Patricia
          Message 4 of 8 , May 11 8:17 AM
            Hi Gabi,
            I'm a senior analyst and this sounds like my job description, so maybe you are asking too much from a junior analyst. On the other hand, your education minimum requirement of high school seems too low to me.

            Good luck!

            Patricia

            Sent from my iPad

          • Mariel
            Message 5 of 8 , May 11 10:28 AM
              Gabriele,

              I agree, this job description sounds like it would start at about $100 an hour for a contract position.

              I looked at your website and it is really great that you are expanding your business. I would love to chat with you about some sort of internship position. I have 2 years of experience as an analyst and optimization consultant. I have been trying to look for an opportunity to learn SiteCatalyst to improve my credentials, but most of those are full time positions and I am happy working for myself as a contractor.

              If you want to e-mail me directly at baccimar@... we can chat about figuring something out between us or maybe just brainstorm some other ways you could find someone to work for you to increase your client load.

              Cheers!
              Mariel

            • Sid
              Message 6 of 8 , May 14 3:21 AM
                This looks like a senior analyst position with expertise in SiteCatalyst.