RE: [webanalytics] Re: Tag Management Solution

  • Bill Bruno
    Message 1 of 26 , May 7, 2013
      Hi Harshil,

      I'm happy to discuss in further detail directly...but here are some points to think about. Hopefully this helps!

      Just like it is unfair to call Tag Management "easy," it is also unfair to have high expectations that the client will be able to provide everything a firm like mine needs in order to complete a successful implementation (with or without TMS). A successful implementation, in our eyes, would be one that satisfies not only all of the business requirements (or as many as can be satisfied with the existing toolset), but one that also gets all of the right data to the right people at the right time. If there are gaps, it is our job to identify those gaps as well and provide recommendations on how to fill those gaps down the road. Perhaps even go so far as to help negotiate with vendors on behalf of the client to fill those gaps when ready.

      When moving forward with a deployment (with or without TMS), the following occurs (high-level):

      * Audit of existing implementation (if exists)

      o Client provides access to the necessary tools (Admin level)

      * Business requirements gathering meetings

      o Client identifies, with my team's help, who the right stakeholders are to get a representative understand of the business needs

      o These meetings are "hand holding" meetings where my team would walk through the process and ensure that any education gaps are explained to all involved

      * Solution Design

      o No client involvement here, except when it comes to sign off on the documentation

      * Tagging Implementation

      o With TMS: Only thing IT has to do is get the TMS code out there in the header, and then work with my team to Q/A all of the rules being created

      o Without TMS: Client IT team implements all of the tagging provided and my team plays the Q/A support role

      * UI Configuation

      o No client involvement

      * Walkthrough/Knowledge Transfer/Training

      o Client stakeholders are involved

      I hope that helps. I left out quite a bit from the process, but this should give you a general understand of client involvement.

      -Bill

      Bill Bruno
      CEO | Stratigent
      (o) 630.658.2215 (c) 773.203.6596 (f) 773.203.6596
      bill.bruno@...<mailto:bill.bruno@...>

      [stratigent banner]<http://www.stratigent.com/>

      Copyright Stratigent, LLC, all rights reserved. This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipients, and contain confidential and proprietary information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution of this email message or its attachments is prohibited.

      Message 2 of 26 , May 12, 2013
        Thank you for your responses.

        I have an additional query to this.

        If the website webpages have multiple tags for different services, can all these tags be integrated into the Tag Management System (Universal tag)?

        In case there are outliers, how can the same be handled?

        Thanks in advance.

        Best Regards,
        Harshil