Re: [webanalytics] Completing SiteCatalyst image requests before redirects (on webkit browsers)

  • Sugam Khokhani
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2013
      Harshil,
      If the current syntax for your s.tl() call is s.tl(true, o, "link name"),
      change it to s.tl(this, o, "link name"). "this" will add a 500ms delay for
      the redirect to happen which in turn will fire the omniture call.

      Cheers,
      Sugam

      On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM, harshil <harshilshah_2004@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi All,
      >
      > I have a link that redirects to another page.
      > In the onClick event of the link, I have a sitecatalyst custom event code.
      > This code executes perfectly on non-webkit browsers. But does not work on
      > webkit browsers.
      >
      > In webkit browsers, how to force the sitecatalyst server call (script
      > execution) to finish before the redirect happens?
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > Best Regards,
      > Harshil

    • harshil
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2013
        Hi Sugam,

        Thanks for the reply. But that has already been tried out. Does not help.
        Have got some good reply on another forum. Will post the solution here if it works.
        Meanwhile, let me know if you have any other ideas on the same.

        Best Regards,
        Harshil

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Sugam Khokhani <sugam.khokhani@...> wrote:

        > Harshil,
        > If the current syntax for your s.tl() call is s.tl(true, o, "link name"),
        > change it to s.tl(this, o, "link name"). "this" will add a 500ms delay for
        > the redirect to happen which in turn will fire the omniture call.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Sugam
        >

        > On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM, harshil <harshilshah_2004@...>wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Hi All,
        > >
        > > I have a link that redirects to another page.
        > > In the onClick event of the link, I have a sitecatalyst custom event code.
        > > This code executes perfectly on non-webkit browsers. But does not work on
        > > webkit browsers.
        > >
        > > In webkit browsers, how to force the sitecatalyst server call (script
        > > execution) to finish before the redirect happens?
        > >
        > > Thanks in advance.
        > >
        > > Best Regards,
        > > Harshil

      • VaBeachKevin
        Message 3 of 5 , May 8, 2013
          If you are running a newer version of the s_code (H25 or newer), you can take advantage of the overloaded track link method to ensure your custom link tracking works on webkit browsers. The anchor tags with basic custom link calls should look something like this:

          You can read all about the details of the new custom link tracking here: https://microsite.omniture.com/t2/help/en_US/sc/implement/index.html#Manual_Link_Tracking_Using_Custom_Link_Code

          Kevin Rogers
          @VaBeachKevin
          http://webanalyticsland.com

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "harshil" <harshilshah_2004@...> wrote:

          > Hi Sugam,
          >
          > Thanks for the reply. But that has already been tried out. Does not help.
          > Have got some good reply on another forum. Will post the solution here if it works.
          > Meanwhile, let me know if you have any other ideas on the same.
          >
          > Best Regards,
          > Harshil
          >
          > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Sugam Khokhani <sugam.khokhani@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Harshil,
          > > If the current syntax for your s.tl() call is s.tl(true, o, "link name"),
          > > change it to s.tl(this, o, "link name"). "this" will add a 500ms delay for
          > > the redirect to happen which in turn will fire the omniture call.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > > Sugam
          > >

          > > On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM, harshil <harshilshah_2004@>wrote:
          > >
          > > > **
          > > >

          > > > Hi All,
          > > >
          > > > I have a link that redirects to another page.
          > > > In the onClick event of the link, I have a sitecatalyst custom event code.
          > > > This code executes perfectly on non-webkit browsers. But does not work on
          > > > webkit browsers.
          > > >
          > > > In webkit browsers, how to force the sitecatalyst server call (script
          > > > execution) to finish before the redirect happens?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks in advance.
          > > >
          > > > Best Regards,
          > > > Harshil

        • harshil
          Message 4 of 5 , May 15, 2013
            Hi All,

            Found the solution to this.

            As per the Adobe Implementation manual, I was trying changing the conventional link call code:
            s.tl(true,'o','Success Event');
            window.location="nextpage.html";

            s.tl(this,'o','Login Failure',navigate()); // navigate() is a doneAction parameter which indicates what has to be done once the link call is complete.
            window.location="nextpage.html";

            function navigate()
            {
            return false;
            }

            But this didn't work.
            The problem was -
            I was missing 'null' as the 4th parameter in the call and doneAction should be the 5th parameter.
            Also, in doneAction, I was putting in navigate()function which means the value returned by the function indicates next step. (which was incorrect)
            Also, navigate shouldn't be in quotes.

            So, finally below is the correct implementation (tested!):
            s.tl(this,'o','Login Failure',null,navigate);
            return false;

            function navigate()
            {