Re: SiteCatalyst detectRIA plugin

  • VaBeachKevin
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2013
      The detectRIA plugin does set a cookie, and it requires cookies to be able to be set in order for it to work.

      Kevin Rogers
      @VaBeachKevin

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "harshil" <harshilshah_2004@...> wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > I am testing the detectRIA plugin in a testing environment.
      > The plugin works perfectly on IE, but does not work at all with Chrome.
      >
      > Any thoughts as to why?
      >
      > In Chrome, it seems that cookies are disabled. But since according to my understanding (please correct me if wrong), the detectRIA plugin does not set any cookie so the non-cookie acceptance in the browser should not affect the plugin.
      >
      > Please help with this. Thanks in advance.
      >
      > Best Regards,
      > Harshil

    • harshil
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2013
        Thanks a lot Kevin for giving me the correct understanding!

        Is there a way by which I can track the flash version of visitors without using cookies (even if cookies are disabled)?

        Also, I have heard that Adobe provides a flash detection kit. Does this use cookies too?