SiteCatalyst detectRIA plugin

  • harshil
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2013
      Hi All,

      I am testing the detectRIA plugin in a testing environment.
      The plugin works perfectly on IE, but does not work at all with Chrome.

      Any thoughts as to why?

      In Chrome, it seems that cookies are disabled. But since according to my understanding (please correct me if wrong), the detectRIA plugin does not set any cookie so the non-cookie acceptance in the browser should not affect the plugin.

      Please help with this. Thanks in advance.

      Best Regards,
      Harshil
    • VaBeachKevin
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2013
        The detectRIA plugin does set a cookie, and it requires cookies to be able to be set in order for it to work.

        Kevin Rogers
        @VaBeachKevin

        --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "harshil" <harshilshah_2004@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I am testing the detectRIA plugin in a testing environment.
        > The plugin works perfectly on IE, but does not work at all with Chrome.
        >
        > Any thoughts as to why?
        >
        > In Chrome, it seems that cookies are disabled. But since according to my understanding (please correct me if wrong), the detectRIA plugin does not set any cookie so the non-cookie acceptance in the browser should not affect the plugin.
        >
        > Please help with this. Thanks in advance.
        >
        > Best Regards,
        > Harshil

      • harshil
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2013
          Thanks a lot Kevin for giving me the correct understanding!

          Is there a way by which I can track the flash version of visitors without using cookies (even if cookies are disabled)?

          Also, I have heard that Adobe provides a flash detection kit. Does this use cookies too?