RE: [webanalytics] Re: Unspecified in correlation report

  • Craig Scribner
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2013
      Rekha,

      I just posted this same answer on the Linkedin discussion thread:

      In Omniture, a correlation report refers to a single image request where two
      or more traffic variables are compared. I would guess that "Unspecified"
      happens when one of props is populated and the other is not.

      best regards,

      Craig

      801.836.8507

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2013
        HI Harshil,
        Can we minimize or remove unspecified from the report.?
        RegardsRekha

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
          This works for "None" values, it might also work for "Unspecified."

          In the filter box, enter "�unspecified" or "�none" and SiteCat should run the report excluding those values. It's basically a boolean operator.

          Katy Norris | Director of Analytics | TakePart | T 310.246.7761 | C 323.683.6086 | IM katynorris15
          331 Foothill Rd, 3rd Floor | Beverly Hills, CA 90210 | TakePart.com | ParticipantMedia.com

          From: rekha yadav <rekhayadav1@...<mailto:rekhayadav1@...>>
          Date: Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:47 PM
          To: "webanalytics@yahoogroups.com<mailto:webanalytics@yahoogroups.com>" <webanalytics@yahoogroups.com<mailto:webanalytics@yahoogroups.com>>

          HI Harshil,
          Can we minimize or remove unspecified from the report.?
          RegardsRekha

          The 'unspecified' value occurs in correlation reports when the breakdown is unobtainable or otherwise unavailable.

          For instance, cor�re�lated traf�fic vari�ables should be both present in the same site�Cat�a�lyst image request (nor�mally a Page View). If only one of the traf�fic vari�ables has a value, you will see an "Unspec�i�fied" value in the Traf�fic Data Cor�re�la�tion reports.

          Unknown browser sources where JavaScript is not available contributes to this line item. The correlation reports show 'unspecified' to indicate that this information was unable to be gathered.

          "Unspecified" can also occur if your implementation code is placed into the <head> tags of your web page.

          Best Regards,

          Harshil

          --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com<mailto:webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>, rekha yadav <rekhayadav1@...> wrote:

          > HI All,

          > Could you please let me know what is Unspecified in correlation report?

          > Thanks

          > Regards

        • harshil
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 10, 2013
            Hello Rekha,

            You can remove unspecified from correlation report by using data filter.

            In the same bar as 'Add Metrics', you will find text box to enter filter data term.

            In that, select advanced. Then in the new window, you can specify in the filter criteria:
            Does not contain -> Unspecified...And you should be done!